Dr. Frost

Where to get longer cranks?

I want to try some 195mm long cranks. Anybody got a good source of long cranks? I'd like'em to be cheap, light, and inexpensive LOL. I'm running XT 180's right now. I've seen the cranks on Leonard Zinn's website. Look great but...um...wow, custom cranks are pricy. Also have seen some BMX cranks that were on the heavy side of "super heavy". So are there other alternatives? Or not?

thanks

PS i put "longer cranks" in the search box before posting this, honest!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    No idea, but you can setup an account on ebay, then use the "save search" function to have them automatically email you.

Use a 18* or 19* wildcard search in the crank section

Dr. Frost
    Good idea, I'll give it a go. But I'd rather just buy some. Is Zinn the only outfit making longer cranks? I'm amazed! I mean...170-175-180...those are pretty much all the same length!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Well, it's probably because there is little need for anything longer. Your just going to hit your pedals on more stuff and have to turn a bigger circle. If there was a good reason for them I'm sure they'd be available.

All 26.5" all the time!
    BMX cranks ~ like Profile Racing. They're available in lengths up to 190mm. (and longer if you're willing to pay for custom lengths)

Keep working out. One day you'll be strong enough to handle the 150g weight penalty of tubular cro-mo cranks.