mtbr member
    Jan 2004

whats e differen between white lightning and boeshield lubes?

is one better than the other?, they sound the same to me a wax lubricant, are any differences?

Slow and steady
    Jan 2004
    boeshield is oilier/wetter and doesn't build up as much gunk on the jockey pulleys. Both are pretty good and I slightly prefer the boeshield, but it is more expensive. Chain lube is a religious issue though, so your best bet is to either try everything and use your favorite OR pick something and defend it utterly to the death against all other products.
    It's a 6" 29er, 69 HTA, 29" standover, setup for 31.6 Joplin, 83mm BB, blah blah blah. A bike for being stupid. --Walt Wehner

Mediocrity at its best
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mesmo
    is one better than the other?, they sound the same to me a wax lubricant, are any differences?
    My humble and usually incorrect opinions... (so my wife tells me )

I used while lightning last year and boeshield for the past four months. It is not a night-and-day difference. Both work equally well for me as far as drivetrain performance. Overall, I like the boeshield a little better because it seems to have less build-up inside the chain links, on the gears, and on the derailleur pulleys.

On the plus side of white lightning, I think it acted like a degreaser when wet. After a ride when the chain was really crappy, I put a drop in each link and it seemed to clear things out pretty well.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

My opinion

Quote Originally Posted by mesmo
    I never like White Lightning. It just didn't seem to lubricate my chain all that well. In dry conditions, my chain would start howling at me after a couple of hours of riding. Boeshield is good stuff but expensive and would attract as much gunk as Tri Flow. Which, brings me to my opnion: just us Tri Flow. It is cheap, and will keep your chain lubed for days.

Jaybo
    Last edited by Jaybo; 06-18-2005 at 09:37 AM.