mtbr member

What's the "actuation ratio" for the latest M972 XTR Shadow rear derailleur?

Is it 1:1 like the SRAM XO trigger shifters I'd like to mate with it??

Here's the exact part:

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont..._mountain.html

...Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's not dirt in my apartment --it's Earth.

ups and downs
    Standard Shimano 2:1
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Bummer. I love the XTR Shadow rear derailleur, though prefer the XO Triggers. Decisions, decisions...

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Check out the new 2010 sram X9 RD. It has been redesigned and has a shadow-like design ethic to it. Sits much closer to the dropout.....dirt cheap too and matched with XO triggers the shifting will be as good as with an XO rear

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRandall
    Check out the new 2010 sram X9 RD. It has been redesigned and has a shadow-like design ethic to it. Sits much closer to the dropout.....dirt cheap too and matched with XO triggers the shifting will be as good as with an XO rear
    Funny the X-9 looks redesigned for 2010 (along with X-7), but the X.0 looks the same as since 2007. Sup with that?
    2010 Giant Anthem X
    Friends don't let friends ride Tune hubs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRandall
    Thanks. I just searched the 2010 X9 and it looks like a sleeker version of the existing one. I do have a bike with X0 triggers and '07 X9 rear derailleur. If/when I crunch my existing derailleur, I'll be quick to replace it with the new streamlined one!

For the sake of diversity, I've decided that my new bike will sport the M972 shadow/M970 shifter combo. That said, seems as though I can't go wrong with either brand at the moment.