mtbr member
    Mar 2006

What happened to RaceFace Deus?

I was checking the Race Face Website and noticed that the Deus range is not on it. What happened? Has it been discontinued?

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Yes...

The Deus has been replaced by the redesigned Turbine crankset. New Deus cranks are still available at many retailers and suppliers yet. But I'm sure they won't be around for to much longer.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Not sure if that is a good move. Killing off a legendary name like Deus. But on the bright side from the RF website it seems like the published weight for the Turbine SL triple is quite light at 805g with rings.

I should be studying...
    I don't think most people would agree with you. For most, I think Race Face Deus was synonymous with a finicky crank installation process and BB bearings that would wear out in a few months. that being said, I still have a set of the original Deus Cranks which I have loved ever since I first put them on my bike in 2005 and killed off that bottom bracket in 2009. I have since upgraded to the Turbine BB and I am happy report it is the smoothest mt. BB I have used.
    Formerly known as iceaxe

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I understand where you are coming from. I also have a set of 09 Deus cranks and from day one I switched the BB to a set of Shimano. But I am also talking about the whole set up - stem, seatpost, etc. But you are right if killing off somethings improves usability and value. Some things should just go.