mtbr member
    Mar 2007

mtbr member
    I dont care wich one moves the least up and down, i care about how it shifts. I think that the x9 is crap compared to xt when it comes to shifting.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Yep, because SRAM is just a better product.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBroke
    I dont care wich one moves the least up and down, i care about how it shifts. I think that the x9 is crap compared to xt when it comes to shifting.
    And I think the XT is a piece of sh!t both in shifting feel and durability.

bi-winning
    So we have a shimano hater, and a sram hater.

well guess what, i think they are both good products, and when set up correctly, both offer excellent performance.

The video really does not mean a lot to me. I think it is cool how the sram does not bounce a much, but when riding, i don't think about how my derailleur is moving, i just care about how it shifts. I have been happy with how my LX shifts, when everything is set up well, and my cables/housing are in good condition
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

...idios...

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    HEHE, pretty funny video.

I have never used SRAM, but it's scary to know if my Acera RD is bouncing that way also, anyways, I'm replacing my bike.

Vaginatarian
    Oct 2005
    the first video has been around for close to a year or better, the other 2 I havent seen before, obviously, whoever made them was trying to show sram in a better light than shimano. of course the sram doesnt move like the shimano , it doesnt have the second pivot, so what? instead of the deraillier taking up the slack as the chain bounces around, you just get more chain bouncing. if it means that much to you you could get a shimano shadow , very similar to the sram setup, but tighter to the bike and 2:1 shifting leverage.
    the debate is too old, they both have their followers
    shimano inovates & invents , sram acquires

mbtr member
    i think its a good thing the chain doesnt run sideways, or shimano would have to resdesign their derailleurs!

it doesn't make any difference. I THINK shimano has that pivot there to make the shift smoother.

My x-9 rear D has developed sloppy pivots much faster than the shimano stuff i ran before.
    Hell is eternally climbing manzanita trail on your singlespeed.