mtbr member
    Apr 2009

What is the diferenc in the models of XT hubs 755,756,757...

I interested in getting a set of wheels, does any body know the difference in the hubs...between different year model...?

XT series is enumerated M7xx, the higher number means latest release/series (like M77x is latest generation of XT, M76x the previous, M75x like you're asking about before that; the last digit differentiates features within the series (might be relatively minor, could be difference between disc and non-disc). There wasn't a 757 hub to the best of my recollection. Check out the various technical documents at techdocs.shimano.com to look at specific differences. I looked a bit at the rear 755 vs 756 and only see a bit of difference in the freehub part number and for an additional washer for the freehub.
    755 rear http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/te...9830611910.pdf
    756 rear http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/te...9830608935.pdf
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    i thought it was the difference between the no disc brake rotor, 6 bolt disc brake rotor and the centerloc disc brake rotor - could be off on this

Quote Originally Posted by golfernut78
    i thought it was the difference between the no disc brake rotor, 6 bolt disc brake rotor and the centerloc disc brake rotor - could be off on this
    When the M750 was introduced there was no disc version yet, that happened with the 755 in a 6-bolt format, the 756 is also a 6-bolt format. Centerlock didn't come to XT until the M765...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikinfoolferlife
    When the M750 was introduced there was no disc version yet, that happened with the 755 in a 6-bolt format, the 756 is also a 6-bolt format. Centerlock didn't come to XT until the M765...
    guess i was off on this