Dat mah bike, punk!

What BB is stiffer than FSA?

I installed an FSA Platinum Pro BB, replacing a Truvativ Gigapipe on Holzfeller cranks, 170mm. the FSA is NOT STIFF. At least it's nowhere near as stiff as the Truvativ. i want to replace it with a stiffer BB! any suggestions?
    every thread needs an uploaded image of one kind or another.

No Fear!
    Quote Originally Posted by misctwo
    I installed an FSA Platinum Pro BB, replacing a Truvativ Gigapipe on Holzfeller cranks, 170mm. the FSA is NOT STIFF. At least it's nowhere near as stiff as the Truvativ. i want to replace it with a stiffer BB! any suggestions?

Well i have both BB and to me its the opposite,the fsa seems stiffer to me and has alot more life then my long gone Gigapipe,I would maybe try a Raceface BB see if there stiffer but i have nver used a Raceface isis BB so best to ask others..

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

go with an external BB crank if you want stiffness...

I have FSA V-drive megaExo cranks, and they are stiff as hell... I weigh 220

you can pick them up for $140 right now http://bicyclenut.net/page.cfm?PageI...ils&sku=CR4299

Dat mah bike, punk!
    Quote Originally Posted by massmang
    go with an external BB crank if you want stiffness...

I have FSA V-drive megaExo cranks, and they are stiff as hell... I weigh 220

you can pick them up for $140 right now http://bicyclenut.net/page.cfm?PageI...ils&sku=CR4299

that looks like a killer deal...question though...my frame requires a 118mm BB. will this crankset be wide enough?

Your frame does not require a particular bb spindle length, it's the cranks that come with a particular spec in that regard (and x-type bb/cranksets have fixed length, the square taper and splined systems vary). Your frame has a particular bb shell width (different from spindle length even tho both are measured in the same direction), usually 68mm but might be otherwise (73 the most common other option on xc bikes, downhill bikes can have 83 or 100).
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    that looks like a killer deal...question though...my frame requires a 118mm BB. will this crankset be wide enough?

what bike do you have????

Dat mah bike, punk!
    Quote Originally Posted by massmang
    what bike do you have????

intnese tazer vp, needs 73x118mm bb

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Might want to give FSA a call.. they are really great there.. in my experience.. I am sure they could tell you..

Full Speed Ahead US Headquarters
    12810 NE 178th St. Suite 102
    Woodinville, WA 98072
    1-425-488-8653