Results 1 to 35 of 35
  1. #1
    POG
    POG is offline
    Pudgy Old Guy
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    535

    Warhawk Industries

    Anybody know if they are going to come back? They made replacement rings for the 2003 xtr crankset. I bought two replacement middle rings (with the odd 102 bcd) from them and they worked great. I guess I should have bought more as their website <warhawkindustries.com> has been saying "check back soon" for quite some time. I was able to get a 34 tooth middle from them - Shimano only makes a 32.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    18
    Hi POG, I just talked with Colin at Warhawk and they are in full operation but shut-down for a few days because of Hurricane Charlie though they are up and running full swing again. I don't think they are still making the 4/102 sizes anymore, I believe they are concentrating on BMX and very limited SS products only but i've been hearing rumors they have been testing ramped/pinned ring sets down here in FL, I'll talk with him about it next time i call, their contact info is:

    Warhawk Industries
    PO Box 111255
    Naples, FL 34108
    Ph 239.272.3952

    Warhawk Industries
    PO Box 2357
    Springfield, VA 22152

  3. #3
    POG
    POG is offline
    Pudgy Old Guy
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    535

    Thanks for the information

    Quote Originally Posted by bikepilot
    Hi POG, I just talked with Colin at Warhawk and they are in full operation but shut-down for a few days because of Hurricane Charlie though they are up and running full swing again. I don't think they are still making the 4/102 sizes anymore, I believe they are concentrating on BMX and very limited SS products only but i've been hearing rumors they have been testing ramped/pinned ring sets down here in FL, I'll talk with him about it next time i call, their contact info is:

    Warhawk Industries
    PO Box 111255
    Naples, FL 34108
    Ph 239.272.3952

    Warhawk Industries
    PO Box 2357
    Springfield, VA 22152
    I will give them a call.

  4. #4
    Hhhnnnngggg!!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    138
    Can anyone post pics of their chainrings? My order from December is still "processing".

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ronnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,184
    Quote Originally Posted by TwigJumper View Post
    Can anyone post pics of their chainrings? My order from December is still "processing".
    Why don't you cancel and just get XTR M960 chain rings from a reliable supplier like Blackspire.

    Blackspire - SuperPro M960X Chainrings | Blackspire

    I've got a set and they are great.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

  6. #6
    Hhhnnnngggg!!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    138
    Thanks for the link. They have some cool stuff. I didn't order M960 chainrings like the OP was looking for, though. I just haven't seen any pictures of finished anodized rings by Warhawk.

    Looks like the order has actually been processed; there's just an error on one of their order history sections.

  7. #7
    Hhhnnnngggg!!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    138
    Haven't heard from them in a long time...

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,442
    Are the Warhawk chainrings "Narrow Wide"?

  9. #9
    Hhhnnnngggg!!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatshowiroll View Post
    Are the Warhawk chainrings "Narrow Wide"?
    Not yet. They are still working on making that design available AFAIK.

  10. #10
    Hhhnnnngggg!!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    138
    Sorry for bumping the thread, but I'm afraid I haven't received a reply from them yet. I have no clue of when to expect the chainrings I ordered. I don't know what the problem is. Anyone else out there in the same boat?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by TwigJumper View Post
    Sorry for bumping the thread, but I'm afraid I haven't received a reply from them yet. I have no clue of when to expect the chainrings I ordered. I don't know what the problem is. Anyone else out there in the same boat?
    Now you've got me worried. I just reluctantly ordered a chainring from them yesterday.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    48
    August order with a few promises of imminent shipping, but nothing received and now no response.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo2396 View Post
    August order with a few promises of imminent shipping, but nothing received and now no response.
    What did you order? Annodized? Which material?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    48
    anodized, aluminum, but when they told me anodized was backlogged, I opted for none... in January.
    I have moved on to other options and do not expect to see anything from Warhawk.

  15. #15
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,008
    Total garbage. Stay away from their junk.
    Finishing the job right | Peter Verdone Designs

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd View Post
    Total garbage. Stay away from their junk.
    Finishing the job right | Peter Verdone Designs
    Interesting. Your site states that you are a Designer.
    Do you design and machine custom chainrings by chance?

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,442
    Fcuk it! Cancelled my order.

  18. #18
    Hhhnnnngggg!!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    138
    I might as well go that route, too.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    This thread is from 2004. This company has a 10 year history of flakiness?

  20. #20
    Hhhnnnngggg!!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatshowiroll View Post
    Fcuk it! Cancelled my order.
    Were you able to cancel?

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by TwigJumper View Post
    Were you able to cancel?
    Yes. They did give me the same story as above.
    "We just manufactured your ring, we just need to deburr it etc..."

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,442
    Cross-post

    Warhawk Industries-photo.jpgWarhawk Industries-ring-fin.jpg

    "If you want something done right..."
    Got sick of looking, so I made my own.
    Purchased a 34t Bling Ring and machined it to the crank specs, using the original small ring as a pattern.
    The MRP was the only ring I could find that has a 6 legged spider, to make the 3 hole BCD.
    I'll post pics of it installed when I can.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    59
    @TwigJumper, if you haven't been taken care of please just send us a new email with your Order ID and I'll get you an honest answer as to the status of your order, Thanks - Colin
    Warhawk Industries - Specializing in Stainless Steel, Titanium and Aluminum Chainrings

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    59
    @pvd, your claims are false and completely baseless. We've used the same tooth profile, thickness and material on 10x's of thousands of rings over more then a decade with no problems. Your blog is filled with nothing but complaints, rants and ragging on various company products and you've extended that ridiculousness here. Your mindset pretty much speaks for itself - Colin
    Warhawk Industries - Specializing in Stainless Steel, Titanium and Aluminum Chainrings

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    59
    @Slow Danger, if we've managed to stay in business for 10+yrs (and we have) and maintained a flaky history we must be doing something right?....lol
    Warhawk Industries - Specializing in Stainless Steel, Titanium and Aluminum Chainrings

  26. #26
    Hhhnnnngggg!!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    138
    Looks like I don't have an account on the website anymore. I tried to sign in but the password didn't work. Then I tried to reset the password but it says the account with my email address doesn't exist. Nothing comes up when I enter my order number in the new order tracking system. I only have the email records. I need to cancel my orders. What should I do?

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    59
    TwigJumper, Yes we switched to using new software and couldn't bring the old data over. Please send us an email using our contact form and I'll take care of canceling your order, Thanks - Colin
    Warhawk Industries - Specializing in Stainless Steel, Titanium and Aluminum Chainrings

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2
    Dear Warhawk ..it seems that this is the only place you are answering anybody, as you have been ignoring ALL of my direct e-mails to you!!! I also tried contacting you via your website ..that just gets a 404 error. Even your link to the contact form you posted in your last message here doesn't work either!

    I ordered my chainring from you almost 7 weeks ago, and have not heard anything back since! I actually don't mind too much if you have a backlog as I understand times can be busy ..BUT YOU NEED TO KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS INFORMED!! No BS excuses please ..if you have honestly not made my ring yet, please let me know as I would like to change the details of my order slightly. I would not normally make such a cheeky request but I feel the abysmal customer service combined with this unacceptable delay entitles me to a degree of compensation. If you have not yet manufactured my ring I would like to change it to a 32 narrow-wide if possible please (still in anodized black). Please respond.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,442
    Dude. Cut your losses and just cancel the order. You'll end up with a POS anyway.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeemanboy View Post
    Dear Warhawk ..it seems that this is the only place you are answering anybody, as you have been ignoring ALL of my direct e-mails to you!!! I also tried contacting you via your website ..that just gets a 404 error. Even your link to the contact form you posted in your last message here doesn't work either!

    I ordered my chainring from you almost 7 weeks ago, and have not heard anything back since! I actually don't mind too much if you have a backlog as I understand times can be busy ..BUT YOU NEED TO KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS INFORMED!! No BS excuses please ..if you have honestly not made my ring yet, please let me know as I would like to change the details of my order slightly. I would not normally make such a cheeky request but I feel the abysmal customer service combined with this unacceptable delay entitles me to a degree of compensation. If you have not yet manufactured my ring I would like to change it to a 32 narrow-wide if possible please (still in anodized black). Please respond.
    p.s my order number is 2828

    If I don't hear anything from you within the next few days I will be cancelling my order!

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8
    I ordered and paid for my chainring on 26/02/2014 - I have since been told lies and mostly been ignored. The need for this chainring has long past and I just want my money back. I would advise against purchasing

    ps its Titanium Chainring Order #2735

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,442
    LOL at this bull$hit company. How do they even stay in business?

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1
    Hey bikepilot, can you verify that phone number, please? I just called it and got what sounded like a little kid's voice mail. I ordered a chainring from Warhawk last week and cannot verify via the website if they even received the order or not. Thank you!

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GnarBrahWyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,645
    lol thanks guys for having this thread. I almost ordered some products from them. The fact that they don't even have real pix on their website was a red flag. Is Blackspire legit??

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ronnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,184
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarBrahWyo View Post
    lol thanks guys for having this thread. I almost ordered some products from them. The fact that they don't even have real pix on their website was a red flag. Is Blackspire legit??
    Blackspire is "very" legit. Really good products and available at most online suppliers, including Jenson and CRC, but you can also order direct.

    NarrowWide Chainrings | Mountain Bike Parts | Chainrings | Chainguides | Stems | Handlebars | Pedals | Seatposts | | Blackspire

    I've been using some of their chain rings for years.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

Similar Threads

  1. white industries boxxers weight ?
    By b12yan88 in forum Weight Weenies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 10:07 AM
  2. White Industries ENO SS Crank
    By onegearmorebeer in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-15-2004, 11:29 AM
  3. Reviews of Push Industries ?
    By kgardnez in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-10-2004, 06:44 AM
  4. White Industries stockist in Houston?
    By AlexB in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 05:31 AM
  5. Spindle length for White Industries crankset?
    By aosty in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 11:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •