Site Owner

Wanted, 6 or 7 speed 'screw on' cassette with 11 tooth cog or less. Do they exist?

As in title, i have room for a 6 or 7 speed cassette, but it must be screw on and have an 11 tooth cog (preferably 9). I'm in the UK but would buy from abroad if neccessary. Does anyone know of a brand or a retailer i can get one please? i just need a cheap solution, but will pay more if i have to.

Cheers
    Andrew

Former Bike Wrench
    So you want a Freewheel then...not a cassette? Or do you want a cassette with a screw on 11t cog (like the old Shimano UG stuff)?

Due to the nature of how a Freewheel is made, I don't think you can go lower than a 13t

Rub it............
    The lowest geared freewheel I have seen recently was a 13t for a 7sp, and a 14t for a 6 sp. And even those are starting to be a tad harder to get.

Site Owner
    yep, sounds like i need a free wheel, sorry for not knowing the technical terms, now i know why i could not find one under 14 Tooth. Is there really no 11 tooth freewheels out there?

Site Owner
    so can i get a freewheel of less than 23 tooth, even if it was a single speed cog?

Former Bike Wrench
    Freewheels have the ratchet mechanism with the gears, because of this the diameter has to be large enough to hold the mechanism. This is the limiting factor that leaves you with a 13t.

Have you considered a new rear wheel with a freehub, this would allow the use of a cassette with an 11t.

Site Owner
    Arrh, ok i've been holding something from you. here is the bike in question it's a Specialized Stumpjumper with a difference. the difference being it has a 1000watt motor as the rear hub. hence needing a screw on freewheel, and needing a smaller cog than a 14 tooth to be able to pedal when going over 20mph, and only being able to runa 7 speed or less set up due to width of the motor. It seems that the only solution maybe to get a much larger front chainring set

I never need the middle front ring, and only ever need the three smallest freewheel cogs

Site Owner
    managed to find one, http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/DNP-Epoch-7-S...item35ae240654

30.00GBP delivered.