mtbr member

Vuelta Chainrings?

Anyone running these?

Yesterday I installed a new drivetrain on my '05 Stumpy HT, including new chain (HG-93), new cassette (LX), new cogs (XT), and a new Vuelta middle ring (32T, 104mm). It all works fine and smooth except under really hard cranking, then the chain is jumping on the chain ring. The chain is cut to the exact same length as the one I took off too.

Does this just need to get worn in some since everything is brand new? I reinstalled the old chain ring just to rull out the chain causing this, and it all worked fine. Ideas?
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith
    Anyone running these?

Yesterday I installed a new drivetrain on my '05 Stumpy HT, including new chain (HG-93), new cassette (LX), new cogs (XT), and a new Vuelta middle ring (32T, 104mm). It all works fine and smooth except under really hard cranking, then the chain is jumping on the chain ring. The chain is cut to the exact same length as the one I took off too.

Does this just need to get worn in some since everything is brand new? I reinstalled the old chain ring just to rull out the chain causing this, and it all worked fine. Ideas?
    No offense, but they were the worst rings I ever used.
    Cheap soft aluminum.
    Lasted a few rides.
    Good rings are definitely worth the extra cost.
    Lenny

mtbr member
    No offense taken. I was having a lot of trouble tracking down any other chainrings for thsi size, every other place I contacted was out of stock of Race Face or Shimano. Someone recommended this to me, and I decided to take a chance.

Nice and light., but definitely very soft it feels like.
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith
    No offense taken. I was having a lot of trouble tracking down any other chainrings for thsi size, every other place I contacted was out of stock of Race Face or Shimano. Someone recommended this to me, and I decided to take a chance.

Nice and light., but definitely very soft it feels like.
    chain might be a bit long, I usually use the park method (basically wrap chain around big-big rings to figure the length, w/o going through the derailler).
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    I actually am running a link shorter than the Park Method, I find it cuts down on chain slap on the single track. I know what gear combo's to avoid now as well.
    Tarekith.com