mtbr member

VASELINE AND J&J BABY OIL

Who'll admit to using it(on their bike drivetrain for cleaning/lube)? What were results? I figure it's relatively drier weather season and might as well pack something I can use(for my dry skin!)

Gravity Rides Everything
    the weirdest thing I ever used on my chain was golden spectro fork oil
    it worked good.

Weird huh?

gotcha beat!

Got out to the trailhead in my Jeep, unloaded the bike..........friggin chain and cleats (eggbeaters) squeaking up a storm from all the dust dry riding the day before. Did I bring any lube? Nope. That'd have been smart.

Drive train was so friggin noisy from being dry, I couldn't bear to listen to it again for a 3 hour ride. I pulled my dipstick from the Jeep 10 or 15 times and let the 40W drip on the chain. Took about 10 minutes, but it really worked well. Shoe cleats stopped creaking as well. If you've got a vehicle, you've always got some lube options.

Cheers,
    Cmdr (I worked 'pulled my dipstick' into a sentence) Piffle

mtbr platinum member
    I use 0w40 Mobil 1 synthetic on my chain. My car takes like 4.5qts, so I always have a half quart left over. I fill an old Triflow bottle with the Mobil 1 and it rocks. I like it better than nearly every other lube I've tried!
    I stopped driving my bike into my garage - I'm now protected with Roof Rack Ranger app for my iPhone.

All 26.5" all the time!
    90wt EP gear oil. I use it on my mtb chain as well as my motorcycle chain. Just a small amount on each link, rotate the chain a few times and wipe clean. At $8/gallon, I figure I've got enough to last me the rest of my life.