Fat-tired Roadie

Varying Amounts of Float on Time ATAC Pedals?

I've been riding using the old-school Time ATACs for years - I probably bought the Aliums on my mountain bike in 2000, or maybe 2001. And I really love them, in part because I need some angular float from my pedals to keep my knees healthy. I recently bought a pair of Time ROC ATACs for another bike, and I get almost no float from them. I'm not too interested in the X-series pedals because of those funky clip things that everyone says open up on a rock strike.

Anyway, I want to know if anyone's bought some Time ATAC Aliums recently. If they have the same float that I know and love, I'm sticking with Aliums. I'll get a set forged and machined from titanium when I'm a rich, famous, sponsored rider. Which will happen tomorrow, of course. If Times have lost their floatiness, then I want to know not to buy more of them.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

dirtbag
    I don't think Time ATACs basic design have changed in a while. I've got five bikes with Time pedals and they're all the same, float wise. My pedals range from ATAC carbons from '98, Aliums to newer ATAC ROCs. I love 'em.
    Amolan

jrm
    mtbr member

Shave the Cleats down

So that the front of the cleat resembles a semi half circle. I searched hell and high water for a picture of the shaved cleats that speedgoat used to sell. I used to use this pic as my templeate.
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys