mtbr member

two ring (2x9) questions !

Hi folks, does anyone know of a way to convert a Truvativ Noir Chainset to a 29/42 double ring set up ?...... or know of an off the shelf crankset with that ring combination ( I know middleburn in the UK make one, but its an isis bottom bracket, not going back there !)

Also, on a 2x9 set up, can you run a short cage roadie mech ? and if yes, does anyone know if a sram red road mech will work with X.0 carbon triggers ?

Cheers

Patrick
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean, if Pac Man affected us as
    kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and
    listening to repetitive music."

mtbr member

Check the SRAM website

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrise
    Hi folks, does anyone know of a way to convert a Truvativ Noir Chainset to a 29/42 double ring set up ?...... or know of an off the shelf crankset with that ring combination ( I know middleburn in the UK make one, but its an isis bottom bracket, not going back there !)

Also, on a 2x9 set up, can you run a short cage roadie mech ? and if yes, does anyone know if a sram red road mech will work with X.0 carbon triggers ?

Cheers

Patrick
    According to the SRAM website, none of their 10 speed rear derailleurs will work with any of their ESP/1:1 MTB shifters (X.O, X.9, X.7, etc.). If you are planning to run the 29/42 double ring and a road cassette, you can most likely use a short cage derailleur. If you are using an MTB cassette, you will probably need a medium cage. Search the EBay Cycling category for "cyclocross crankset" -- you may find something close to what you are looking for.

mtbr member
    cheers for the reply, I guess the red rear mech is out, I'll stick with my X.0 medium cage for now. Also I've orderd a Middleburn duo crank set, if anybody's interested they can check them out here.

www.middleburn.co.uk

Patrick
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean, if Pac Man affected us as
    kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and
    listening to repetitive music."