mtbr member

Truvative Noir Giga X Pipe BB Question, please???

Hello all,

Bought a new bike a while ago, (Orbea Oiz) and had no promblems/worries with the BB/crank. Got a hip replacement revision in my rt hip and now when I ride, my leg "feels funny" (difficult to describe), but my rt knee goes "out" to the right. I had not paid attention until a few weeks ago that I replaced the BB bearings in the cups with Enduro bearings; that I have a 2.5mm spacer on the driveside bearing cup. I measured the BB it is 73mm, and I looked in the Truvative tech docs for the Giga X Pipe BB says that on a 73mm BB width uses NO spacers?????? I haven't taken it off or anything I just wondered if anyone else has seen similar/ or had to do similar because of chain line problems, or something?? Any info is greatly appreciated. THNX!!
    Training on Hills Builds Character, That's How I Got To Be One!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    AFAIK, the SRAM (Truvativ) BB uses a 2.5mm spacer on each side for 68mm BB shells and no spacers on the 73mm shells. If it was me, I'd dis-assemble my BB, and put it back together according to the SRAM instructions. Then, see where that gets me.