mtbr member
    Nov 2007

TruVativ X-Flow C 3.0 (crank - mod title edit)

I am building a bike with new parts from another. The parts are from a Marin Muirwoods 29er. The crank is a TruVativ X-Flow C 3.0. I cannot find the TruVativ X-Flow C 3.0 crank on the TruVativ website. It seems this may be a TruVativ crank labeled for Marin.

Question: Does anyone know which equivalient model crank this would be in an off the shelf TruVativ?

Thanks.

sweet!
    The reason you do not see them on there website is because they only sell the X-Flow line to bike mnfgrs and not to the general public. My 07 Diamondback Response came stock with TruVativ X-Flow crank set, it will also, be one of the first things that I replace. They haven't failed me yet, however I have heard that the crank arms must be checked and tightened after every ride, otherwise they could come loose, and fall off, I've also been told the metal can deform and twist were the crank bolts to the bottom bracket.

the X-Flow is a CHEAP crank set, and has no equalvient in the TruVativ product line.

Hope this helps and good luck with your build.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Thanks

I appreciate the information. I am purchasing a 29er bike (Marin Muirwoods 29er) just for the parts to build up a Slingshot Foldtech. This was the most reasonable way to acquire parts to build. My LBS is crediting me for the frame.

I will see what this crank is like will consider changing it out in the future if necessary (and funds allow).

Thanks again!

sweet!
    It is crazy, the sum of the parts is worth more then the bike!

I also thought of building a bike, however I quickly learned I could buy a compleat bike for half the price of buying the componets, through online discount sellers.

I think it was a wise move on your behalf, to build using a donor bike, and getting credit for the frame, is the cherry on the sundae!

Have fun and keep us posted on the end resaults.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    hey guys...

could you tell me if i can use a fsa triple road crankset 50-39-30 in my marin muirwoods?

my x flow is giving me problems...