mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Truvativ Team Stylo SL - XTR, XT or LX?

Hi,

I'm picking up parts for my new xc hardtail, and I need a bit of advice on the crankset.

I can get a good prise on a Truvativ Team Stylo SL (for $180 - a Shomano XT is $165).

Does any of you ride with the Truvative and can give me a quick review. I'd like to know what I can compare it to - XT? maybe XTR?

What do you think? Should go with the safe choise and get a XT crankset? (which I have only heard good about)

Freshly Fujified

The knock on Truvativ

A lot of people have had issues with ISIS BBs. With that said, I have a set of Holzfellers with the team DH BB and it's been fine. the price was too good to pass up, otherwise i would have gone with the XT with external BB. With all this in mind, the XT is what I would reccommend.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    IF you hav'nt gotten any of your drive-train together yet, check out the build kits and
    combos @ Price Point and Greenfish .com..............They run some sweet deals
    most of the time..................GOOD LUCK WITH THE BUILD............................

.................................................. .....................PEACE........................ ............