mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Truvativ Noir GXP 3.3 - Chris King BB compability

Anyone know if the Chris King bottom bracket is compatible with a Truvativ Noir GXP 3.3 Crankset? Thanks...!

Expert Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantXtCDS1
    Anyone know if the Chris King bottom bracket is compatible with a Truvativ Noir GXP 3.3 Crankset? Thanks...!
    It is not. The King BB follows the Shimano standard, Avid's is a little different.

If you want a nice light/durable/gucci BB for your NOIR - look at the Avid/Truvativ Blackbox Ceramic version - I have this on my road bike and it's very nice!

SRAMís new hybrid Ceramic BB Bearings exceed the needs of even the most demanding riders. They offer a performance advantage over traditional bottom bracket bearings thatís almost too great too believe. Besides being 10% lighter than standard bearings, ceramic bearings require an astonishing 78% less energy than the next most efficient BB on the market.

Ceramic bearings are more resistant to dirt and moisture and, when properly maintained, will outlast and outperform any other BB on the market. They utilize a lighter-than-normal seal along with stainless steel races and high-polish cups and have no equal when it comes to helping you reach terminal velocity more quickly and easily than ever before.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

Former Bike Wrench
    Enduro makes nice GXP BB's as well

Expert Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    Enduro makes nice GXP BB's as well
    Good call
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thanks for the advice...no Chris King for me. I'll check out both Enduro and the Truvativ BB.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Damn, I wish I'd have read this first. I ordered the CK BB for my Bontrager XXX lite GXP cranks thinking they'd work together just fine. Tried installing today and it didn't work (obviously) so now I'm here searching around and found this. Guess I need to hit up Enduro.

Rick