Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Truvativ noir 3.3 / Chris King BB

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Brewtality 
#1 ·
Hello,
Yesterday, I wanted to change my XT cranks for a Truvativ noir 3.3 cranks
I have a Chris king Bottom bracket
The problem is the Truvativ is not compatible with the CK BB :madmax:
I see Hope have an adaptor for there BB, but I don't know if that fit on the CK BB

Is someone have try this built ?

Thanks for your help

(sorry for my english, I'm French) :eek:

#4 ·
When you buy a crank that isn't compatible with your bb and then want to complain about it, maybe you should whack your head into a wall a few times...might knock some sense into it. What the heck do you think you're gaining by going to that goofy crankset?

#7 ·
Bikinfoolferlife said:
As I mentioned in the pm I responded to, they're Truvativ, they're carbon and they're very expensive. Pretty goofy stuff to change cranks over. What do you gain?
Thanks, I appreciate it. I went with the Truvativs to get away from Race Face and to drop a chunk of weight. For me, they are on a race only bike. I liked the low cost (compared to XTR and other carbon cranks) and the ease of finding new chainrings.
I am not concerned about the use of carbon fiber. I have owned carbon frames in the past, currently own a carbon frame with a few carbon goodies. These cranks are not entirely carbon. They use an aluminum spine that is reinforced with the carbon. This should be better than a pure carbon crank (maybe not lighter, but longer lasting).
I have a few friends that use Truvativ cranks with no issues at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.