mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Is truvativ husselfelt crank a 3 piece????

ive never rebuilt a bike or taken a drive train apart and i cant seem to find this out anywhere...im just trying to make surei get all the right tools and know whats going on properly.

thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Yes they are a crank that has three pieces (two arms, and a bb) although this term is generally used to describe cromo BMX cranks.

As for tools you will need..it depends on the exact cranks and age. The name 'hussefelt' has been on a lot of cranks that use different BB interfaces (howitzer or ISIS). The type and brand of BB will dictate the BB tool you will need to remove it if you are going that far.

Your crank arm itself may or may not have self-extracting bolts. If you have these, you do not need any tools (other than a set of metric hex wrenches) to remove the arms. If you do not have self extracting bolts, you will need an ISIS compatible crank arm puller.

A good picture of the crank arm bolt and one of the non-drive side BB cup would enable someone to tell you exactly what you need.

Former Bike Wrench
    Yes, the current Hussefelt is a three piece crankset that uses the Howitzer BB (basically an external bearing ISIS).

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    yeah...mine are 2002, would that still be the same?

mtbr member
    Yes they would be 3 piece (each crank arm, and the BB). However they won't have external bearings, I think just normal ISIS.

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolbiker
    Yes they would be 3 piece (each crank arm, and the BB). However they won't have external bearings, I think just normal ISIS.
    Correct, 2002 versions would be standard ISIS

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    thanks again guys

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    hey you guys owuldnt happen to know a site where i can find all the info for older bikes would you?

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelshaw
    hey you guys owuldnt happen to know a site where i can find all the info for older bikes would you?
    www.bikepedia.com