Thread: trush*t trash

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

trush*t trash

i cannot believe this sh*t...i just paid $48 for a trush*t gigapipe DH bottom bracket...to replace the gigipipe sllt junk that my bike came with...so i take out the old one and put in this new one and the crankarm bolts for the old one don't fit the new one...this really pissed me off, that i had to write this down immediately...so now i'm forced to go back and read the fine print on some dumb technical info from trush*t

now i got to find the correct crank bolts somewhere....i'll prolly find out that my old cranks won't work with this BB...truvativ is just junk...i will never buy anything from these guys again

sorry for the rant, now i feel better, a little
    "He can make even a global summit meeting seem like a kegger." M. Dowd, NY Times, 19 July 2006

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    truvativ is sh#t because you didn't make sure the old would work with the new? how does that work? not trying to knock you or anything, i'm just saying.

granted, it would be nice if they'd made everything cross compatable, but...... let's face it, there are a lot of companies that do the same thing.

caveat: i've not used any truvativ stuff to date, so i have no idea what i'm tallking about.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    truvativ is sh#t because you didn't make sure the old would work with the new? how does that work? not trying to knock you or anything, i'm just saying.

granted, it would be nice if they'd made everything cross compatable, but...... let's face it, there are a lot of companies that do the same thing.

caveat: i've not used any truvativ stuff to date, so i have no idea what i'm tallking about.
    whatever dude...now i'm trying to find the M12 crank bolts...apparently trush*t doesn't even sell them...i'm gonna have to buy RaceFace ones, and hopefully they will fit correctly...now going back and looking at other bottom brackets, like FSA, the sell thier with crank bolts in them so you don't have to run around to both bike shops in town to find out the bolts are wierd and they don't have them...

just ridiculous
    "He can make even a global summit meeting seem like a kegger." M. Dowd, NY Times, 19 July 2006