Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    I think I need to Upgrade
    Reputation: AzSpeedfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,621

    Torelli Housing, Whats your take?

    Has anyone used Torelli shifter housing? I have mainly only used Shimano or Bontrager, but I just saw that the Torelli is available in a few different colors such as green. So what are some thoughts on this housing?

  2. #2
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,139
    Quote Originally Posted by AzSpeedfreek
    Has anyone used Torelli shifter housing? I have mainly only used Shimano or Bontrager, but I just saw that the Torelli is available in a few different colors such as green. So what are some thoughts on this housing?
    It works and I have green. Not cheap.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  3. #3
    I think I need to Upgrade
    Reputation: AzSpeedfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,621
    How does it hold up compared to Shimano?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    How pricy is the Torelli housing?

    I don't remember seeing green, but the Jagwire shifter housing comes in a bunch of colors and is only around $25 for a 25ft roll. I don't remember hearing anything bad about it before

  5. #5
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,139
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    How pricy is the Torelli housing?

    I don't remember seeing green, but the Jagwire shifter housing comes in a bunch of colors and is only around $25 for a 25ft roll. I don't remember hearing anything bad about it before
    MUCH more, though I have only seen the wholesale prices. The Torrelli is a brake/shift housing similar to Ripcord and is priced close to that.

    I am using it for brakes and derailleurs on a couple of bikes.

    Az, I have not been using it long enough to compare durability.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    MUCH more, though I have only seen the wholesale prices. The Torrelli is a brake/shift housing similar to Ripcord and is priced close to that.

    I am using it for brakes and derailleurs on a couple of bikes.

    Az, I have not been using it long enough to compare durability.
    Ahhh, that makes sense. I forgot how much more Ripcord is over the standard housing

  7. #7
    I think I need to Upgrade
    Reputation: AzSpeedfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,621
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy

    I am using it for brakes and derailleurs on a couple of bikes.

    Az, I have not been using it long enough to compare durability.

    What are/were you first impressions? How long have you been using it for? What kind of conditions are you using it in? What is your opinion so far?

  8. #8
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,139
    Quote Originally Posted by AzSpeedfreek
    What are/were you first impressions? How long have you been using it for? What kind of conditions are you using it in? What is your opinion so far?
    First impression: the steel braid is a PITA to cut and cap!

    Other than that, it works and I do not think about it.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  9. #9
    I think I need to Upgrade
    Reputation: AzSpeedfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,621
    Does it have a braid similar to a hydro brake line? What did you find that cut it the best?

  10. #10
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,139
    Quote Originally Posted by AzSpeedfreek
    Does it have a braid similar to a hydro brake line? What did you find that cut it the best?
    No idea. I used very sharp side cutters.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •