• 05-07-2009
    AzSpeedfreek
    Torelli Housing, Whats your take?
    Has anyone used Torelli shifter housing? I have mainly only used Shimano or Bontrager, but I just saw that the Torelli is available in a few different colors such as green. So what are some thoughts on this housing?
  • 05-07-2009
    shiggy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by AzSpeedfreek
    Has anyone used Torelli shifter housing? I have mainly only used Shimano or Bontrager, but I just saw that the Torelli is available in a few different colors such as green. So what are some thoughts on this housing?

    It works and I have green. Not cheap.
  • 05-07-2009
    AzSpeedfreek
    How does it hold up compared to Shimano?
  • 05-07-2009
    boomn
    How pricy is the Torelli housing?

    I don't remember seeing green, but the Jagwire shifter housing comes in a bunch of colors and is only around $25 for a 25ft roll. I don't remember hearing anything bad about it before
  • 05-07-2009
    shiggy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by boomn
    How pricy is the Torelli housing?

    I don't remember seeing green, but the Jagwire shifter housing comes in a bunch of colors and is only around $25 for a 25ft roll. I don't remember hearing anything bad about it before

    MUCH more, though I have only seen the wholesale prices. The Torrelli is a brake/shift housing similar to Ripcord and is priced close to that.

    I am using it for brakes and derailleurs on a couple of bikes.

    Az, I have not been using it long enough to compare durability.
  • 05-07-2009
    boomn
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by shiggy
    MUCH more, though I have only seen the wholesale prices. The Torrelli is a brake/shift housing similar to Ripcord and is priced close to that.

    I am using it for brakes and derailleurs on a couple of bikes.

    Az, I have not been using it long enough to compare durability.

    Ahhh, that makes sense. I forgot how much more Ripcord is over the standard housing
  • 05-07-2009
    AzSpeedfreek
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by shiggy

    I am using it for brakes and derailleurs on a couple of bikes.

    Az, I have not been using it long enough to compare durability.


    What are/were you first impressions? How long have you been using it for? What kind of conditions are you using it in? What is your opinion so far?
  • 05-07-2009
    shiggy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by AzSpeedfreek
    What are/were you first impressions? How long have you been using it for? What kind of conditions are you using it in? What is your opinion so far?

    First impression: the steel braid is a PITA to cut and cap!

    Other than that, it works and I do not think about it.
  • 05-07-2009
    AzSpeedfreek
    Does it have a braid similar to a hydro brake line? What did you find that cut it the best?
  • 05-07-2009
    shiggy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by AzSpeedfreek
    Does it have a braid similar to a hydro brake line? What did you find that cut it the best?

    No idea. I used very sharp side cutters.