mtbr member

Time ATAC repair

Hi all

Been using a pair of time atacs for about 8 months and they are great. However one of the pedals has now developed a bit of play. Anyone know how to take them apart (it doesnt seem that intuative as the cover on the end of the axle is nothing i have seen before). Where can I get replacement bearings from?

Many thanks in advance

No, that's not phonetic
    Get a red Park spanner and drill the holes in the end of the pedal about 1/4" with a drill bit that is the same size as the pins on the red Park spanner. Unscrew the dust cap. Use a 10mm socket to remove the nut in the end of the pedal. Tap the axle out. The bearing (outboard side) should slide out easily. I have never worn the bearing, but the bushing (inboard side) in the pedal body does wear and develop play if you don't grease it occasionally. I am not sure that there is any way to replace the bushing.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Cheers for the tip.. wow that seems like an extreme amount of hastle to get that dust cap off. Gah i hate having to buy more tools lol

mtbr member

Removing the dust cap

I just use a set of snap ring pliers with the existing holes in the dust cap. I'm not sure why Time can't use something easier to deal with, but for now you're stuck with it. Before I started using the snap ring pliers, I also cut and bent a wire nail into the right shape to insert into opposite holes & used a pair of pliers to turn the thing. That worked OK (aside from the ghetto look) until I lost it & had the idea to use the snap ring pliers.

mtbr member
    Cheers for all the tips. I used some sturdy point scissors to remove it which is a top tip if you dont have any snap ring pliers to hand