mtbr member
    May 2004

T9 boeshield - spray vs drip can

I am looking at buying some T9 Boeshield. Boeshield markets a specific lube for bicycles which is a drip lube. I am wondering if using the larger spray can is basically the same thing? I just feel that they but a "bikes" label on it and double the price. Comments?
    Thankd ed

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

I just got some T9

from my lbs and it was in the basic spray can which is all they had there. The big spray can was pretty darn expensive at 15.99.
    If you're not falling, then you're not riding fast enough!
    Ibex Asta Pro SE & Giant XTC-2

Anytime. Anywhere.

Drip

Get the plastic drip bottle. 1 drop per link, no waste, no lube where you don't want it.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    I bought a whole gallon. It lasts me a long time and you can just keep putting it in the little bottles. If you want spray, get your self one of those "refillable" spray cans from Northern Tools or the like. You put fluid in, pump it up with a floor pump and spray as you want.

aloha,
    g

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eman2
    I am wondering if using the larger spray can is basically the same thing?
    I sent an email to the manufacturer asking them this. They replied saying that all of the T-9 products were the same formula -- they simply offer the same product in different types of cans and bottles.

As others stated, you'll find that the drip bottle allows you to waste a lot less, and is therefore a more economical way to go, but you don't need to worry about the actual lube itself being any different.

Larry

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks Larry, That was the info I was wanting to know.