mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Suspension corrected?

I have both a KHS Brentwood and a Diamondback Voyager I. Not sure the years, but both probably mid-late 90's. Both threaded 1 1/8" headtubes.

I want to put a threadless fork and disc front brake on each an don't know how to tell or where to find out if I should get a suspension or non-suspension corrected fork. Any idea?

Also what would a suspension corrected fork do on a non-suspension frame?

Thanks alot.

Don't touch me!
    Measure the axle to crown distance. My suspension corrected Surly 1x1 is spec'd @ 413mm. I'm pretty sure it's the virtual measurement (but don't take my word for it), so I'd measure with both tires on the ground; straight up and across. I have seen other rigid forks that were suspension corrected with A2C's of 430-ish; those may be actual measurements, so you may have to figure that one out with an email to whom it may concern.

A non-suspension corrected frame using a suspension corrected fork will jack the front end up a little. It will throw your bike's geometry off a teensy bit.
    [SIZE=3]No offense to KB, but if I see another "Strong, light, cheap. Pick two" line on this site...

[/SIZE][SIZE=1]MCM# eleventy billion

[SIZE=2]No offense to thieves, but if I see another "Ride it like you stole it" line on this site...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]