mtbr member

SuperStar bottom brackets

Anyone use/used these? They look quite promising and cheap. SS sometime makes some good production, but sometimes not.

Superstar Components - High Spec Parts For Peanuts

thanks for the answers, guys
    Signature

mtbr member
    IMHO, you'll be better off with a normal Shimano bb, then fitting some quality bearings yourself once it packs in.

I've had one of the Taper Roller bbs since May and it's ok, but no more than that. The seals aren't fantastic and it needs taking apart and cleaning too much. I suspect after winter it'll need replacing and SS want nearly 20 per bearing, so I'll be buying a Hope one instead.

mtbr member
    Yeah, after posting this thread, I've read reviews Superstar Components - High Spec Parts For Peanuts
    looks like I will stay with enduro bearings in my shimano cups. they last for 2,5 season after the non-drive side gave up. Now other pair is going to my post box
    Signature

mtbr member
    Superstar Component BBs are shite. Mine lasted a few rides. Went back to resurrecting my Shimano cups with enduro bearings.

g3h6o3
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    IMHO, you'll be better off with a normal Shimano bb, then fitting some quality bearings yourself once it packs in.

I've had one of the Taper Roller bbs since May and it's ok, but no more than that. The seals aren't fantastic and it needs taking apart and cleaning too much. I suspect after winter it'll need replacing and SS want nearly 20 per bearing, so I'll be buying a Hope one instead.
    I have the Token TRB (Taper Roller Bearing) bottom bracket and I would bet they are the exact same, they look so alike. I must also say I've not been impressed with the BB, they are currently very rough and in need of a rebuild. Even new they dragged a lot so chances are I'll revert to a regular BB with enduro bearings or to another set of Token Tiramic which have been extraordinary on my other bikes.

Token : : . . Bike products
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.