Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Stumpjumper v. Rockhopper

748 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  kramnnim 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 Rockhopper and 2002 Stumpjumper FSR that are both all stock. I was thinking that although the rockhopper is a lower model, some of the components might be better than the 2002 Stumpy components. Would it be worthwhile to put some of the Rockhopper components on the Stumpjumper? Any help would be appreciated; I can post a list of parts if necessary

#2 ·
Yeah, you'll have to list the parts to really find that out. Maybe the fork, but I kinda doubt it as the Stumpies were usually a noticeable notch above the rockhoppers and I don't think 4 years and lower end necessarily will mean a better fork.

#3 ·
2002 Stumpjumper/ 2006 Rockhopper
Fork Manitou Axel 100mm/ RockShox J3 SL 100mm
Brake Levers Avid AD3/ Tektro RS-360
Brakes Avid Single Digit 3R/ Tektro "V"
Front Derailleur Shimano Deore Mega 9/ SRAM 3.0
Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore XT/ SRAM SX-5
Shift Levers Shimano Deore Mega 9/ SRAM SX-4
Crankset Specialized Strongarm II/ Truvative ISO-Flow w/ alloy outer
Chain SRAM PC69/ SRAM IG-31

Thanks for your help!

#4 ·
is there some type of riding that you do with the stumpy such that the components are limiting you such that you feel the need to swap them around ... if it is weight that you are concerned with ... then you can take them out and weigh them and decide accordingly ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.