mtbr member

Stripped sram derailleur bolt

Took a ride today with my new rig. I must have messed up the pin on one of the chain links. the bike started making some clickity clack noises on a steep climb. Before I know it, I feel/hear metal giving way. I look down to see my derailleur hanging from the chain.

Luckily it looks like the threads on the new Soma Juice hanger are fine. The bolt on the derailleur is totally done. I went to my LBS they said they don't think sram will allow me to buy a new bolt, but they would call tomorrow.

There is a broken sram force derailleur on ebay right now. I am wondering if anyone has replaced the bolt on their derailleur, and if they did. How much did it cost. I am also wondering if anyone knows whether the force derailleur and the x-9 derailleur will use the same mounting bolt.

thanks.
    Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    You can buy hanger bolts from harriscylery's QBP catalog. I stripped my XO a bit, but didn't replace it because I don't have a snap ring remover to remove the little ring that holds it on the derailleur. It was like 30 bucks.

mtbr member
    Perfect thanks.
    Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~H.G. Wells