wuss

Straitline silent guide 32 or 32-36?

I'm set on getting a silent guide for a 32t chainring. Just before buying I found somebody selling a 32-36 model in good shape for less then half of the new price.

Looking at the design it seems the tabs won't go deeper then the bash, meaning the larger one will keep the chain looser and matbe increase possibility of the chain jamming? If I know I don't need support for a larger chainring, will I have a worse experience with the larger one?

Clearance is not a deciding factor.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    drop Straitline an e-mail and ask them, in my limited experience they answered reasonably quickly and were helpful.

be sure to tell them which bike you're putting it on, suspension action can affect things. i one on my 'DH' bike with the max-sized ring (38t) and was getting wierd chain bunching between the straitline sliders. Moving to a 36t ring prevented that, but dropped my top speed noticeably, so I had to switch guides so I could run the 38t ring.

wuss
    Thanks, I sent them an email

wuss
    They where quick to answer, but I could not get a comment on the difference between the two models when running a 32t chainring, rather they where concentrating on if it will fit and work... So if anyone has experience I'd appreciate it.