Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2011

SRAM xx1 vaporware..... anyone got any real news on release date?

first it was oct 15th

then nov 15th

ive got a bike in pieces and no drivetrain, doh

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    What do you mean by vaporware? The xx1 group is out. I built up a bike for a customer with it this past friday.

AZ
    banned
    Wow, you LBS is failing you, even folks in OZ. have got it.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    What the hell you guys got it in USA?

Sup
    I got in early on the qbp early buy and still have nothing so don't feel bad
    I am replacing the drivetrain on my Stumpy 29er
    the temp outside just dropped 30 degrees from yesterday so it's a non issue for me
    tis Snow Bike season

Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

Nor­wegr
    Chainreacion just pushed some of the dates back and into december. Pooey.

mtbr member
    1 complete groupe showed up at one of my local bikes stores today. 166 q was the only crank they said was available.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Just got an email from an online shop that the XX1 Trigger Shifter availability date was shifted to October 2013.

Too bad I already have the cassette and the rear derailleur, otherwise I would cancel it completely.

Yeah, I believe Vaporware is a very appropriate term in this case.

I kinda feel bad for the great engineers at SRAM who are put in a bad light by a bunch of other people who can't plan a product release properly.

"Available in October 2012". Oh wait, a typo, it's October 2013.

Wondering when SRAM actually realizes that issuing an official statement is what companies with any respect left for their customers do in such cases.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I bought my XX1 group off of Ebay for $1050 shipped got it then I realized you had to have a certain hub, DT Swiss, Hope, or I9 in order for the cassette to work. So then I dropped another $550 on a set of DT Swiss M1700 rims plus $100 for the XD hub adapter. SRAMS direction suck hind tit especially when it comes to chain length. I also ordered a 28t sprocket for the front. The freakin cassette is as large as a 180mm rotor. Its freakin giant to say the least. I don't understand why they have to make it that way I only use 2nd through 5th gear at the most the rest is a waste. So I wanted extra powerlinks because the 10 speed one is to big calle SRAM and they do not have a release date but if you need one the guy at SRAM said go to a local bike shop have them call SRAM and they will swap out the whole chain which makes no sense along with their directions that come with all the stuff.

I originally tried to run a MRP bling ring with the MRP G2 SL Micro chain guide with XO cranks. WRONG it would not work with a 30mm BB but do you think MRP posted that info on their website no. The offset is different MRP knows this and will have a different BLING RING out in march to deal with this problem. If you want to use the set up above it will work with SRAM 1400/2200 series carbon cranks for some reason but not XO crankis. So I got fed up and bought the XX1 stuff which for the money I had to spend I am and not very happy either.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by THOE View Post
    I only use 2nd through 5th gear at the most the rest is a waste
    interesting.. I basically only need a smaller sprocket or two for paved road descent, to be able to pump it up above 50km/h without a circus-like cadence... the largest sprocket on my current 1x9 (29er) is pretty much large enough for any ascent my current tires (furious freds) still provide enough grip for..

Anyway, my shop told me the meant January not October (a date format mixup), but I still don't like the situation with the delivery dates jumping up and down. Wondering who does that - the european SRAM distributor? If they promise a number of items to a shop, they have to stick to that, right? But it looks like they are not, which makes the shops look bad.

I had XX1 on order with CRC back in November and they delayed half of the items and cancelled the trigger shifter, so I canceled the delayed items and tried another shop, but the situation there is the same, so very probably not a shop problem, but up the chain somewhere.

Also I know I can (probably) get it all on eBay (from the US), but that's not the point really.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ypocat View Post
    interesting.. I basically only need a smaller sprocket or two for paved road descent, to be able to pump it up above 50km/h without a circus-like cadence... the largest sprocket on my current 1x9 (29er) is pretty much large enough for any ascent my current tires (furious freds) still provide enough grip for..

Anyway, my shop told me the meant January not October (a date format mixup), but I still don't like the situation with the delivery dates jumping up and down. Wondering who does that - the european SRAM distributor? If they promise a number of items to a shop, they have to stick to that, right? But it looks like they are not, which makes the shops look bad.

I had XX1 on order with CRC back in November and they delayed half of the items and cancelled the trigger shifter, so I canceled the delayed items and tried another shop, but the situation there is the same, so very probably not a shop problem, but up the chain somewhere.

Also I know I can (probably) get it all on eBay (from the US), but that's not the point really.
    No u r right I totally agree I think their whole progam sucks and so do avid brakes u cannot even by a powerlink by itself you have by a hole chain that's the only way to get a master link if you need an extra one I buy almost 90% of my bike stuff off of eBay I save big money and do not have to drive

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    I originally tried to run a MRP bling ring with the MRP G2 SL Micro chain guide with XO cranks. WRONG it would not work with a 30mm BB but do you think MRP posted that info on their website no. The offset is different MRP knows this and will have a different BLING RING out in march to deal with this problem. If you want to use the set up above it will work with SRAM 1400/2200 series carbon cranks for some reason but not XO crankis. So I got fed up and bought the XX1 stuff which for the money I had to spend I am and not very happy either.
    I'm sorry your setup didn't work, but it does on the MRP website that the Bling Ring works with GXP models only.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

30bb

Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    I'm sorry your setup didn't work, but it does on the MRP website that the Bling Ring works with GXP models only.
    It will work with 30 bb you have to use the series sram 1400/2200 series cranks XO will not work offset is different

Sup
    No u r right I totally agree I think their whole progam sucks and so do avid brakes u cannot even by a powerlink by itself you have by a hole chain that's the only way to get a master link if you need an extra one I buy almost 90% of my bike stuff off of eBay I save big money and do not have to drive
    I understand you don't like sram and that is OK, to each is his own
    but they do make power links separate
    have a great day

Sj
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I am slow therefore I am

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerJoe View Post
    I understand you don't like sram and that is OK, to each is his own
    but they do make power links separate
    have a great day

Sj
    I like them I need a 11speed master link

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I was already going to do this...

...but then an email came that my order was shipped today! (I'll wait with the celebrations until I'm sure all the items are exactly what I ordered though.)

buhaha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SRAM xx1 vaporware..... anyone got any real news on release date?-bike.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Anyone have insider info as to when QBP is getting more XX1? My LBS said they've haven't got any in stock.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Ebay, Universal Cycle there all over the place you just cannot by a powerlink for 11 speed chain by itself

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I know, just really want to support my small town LBS. They rock.

Sup
    I just took my bike out for the first time today with XX1 "down the street"
    it is creepy how quiet it is
    the shifts were crisp
    if the durability works out I couldn't be happier
    now I need to get it on the trail, but they are trashed right now
    hope we have an early spring

Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    QBP has pretty much been out of XX1 kits-in-a-box since they came out. They occasionally get fewer than 10 in of a certain type, but most kits have >30 accounts itemwatching, so they're gone quick. I've seen the 170mm cranks stick around for a while, and the replacement chainrings, but that's about it. The DT freehub bodies are tough to get too: I had to buy mine on eBay (brand new, and actually not much more than QBP's price). The cassette and rear trigger shifter seem particularly hard to get. I ended up buying a kit from a store on eBay for $999. Still a shitload, but far less than retail. QBP's price for the kits is like $780 or so, and when you figure in that a shop has to make *some* profit, $1k is reasonable.

After installing and riding XX1, I can see how it's not for everyone, but i can definitely say it's the best drivetrain I've used on a mountain bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Also, QBP does have the 11-speed Powerlinks now. Ordered a 5-pack recently.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Universal cycles has them

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    That sucks. Less than 10 in a shipment? Classic bike industry BS. Lets release something and then make it actually not available. Like I said I know I can order it from eBay or jenson or another online mega store, but every time I do that I'm hurting my LBS, and those guys are good friends of mine. They're always there when I need them in a pinch. It's mid winter, so I don't need the drivetrain right this second, but hopefully come march they'll have plenty.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Universal cycles has them
    Yea, if you wanna pay $1400

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast