mtbr member
    Mar 2011

SRAM XX AND XO Grip shift

Does anybody know how many clicks/trim are there in the latest SRAM XX and XO 2 x10 grip shifters? I am planning to upgrade to SRAM XX Grip shift and rear derailleur but thinking about using my current FSA K force light triple carbon crankset. I know the SRAM 2 x 10 thumb shifters are not compatible with triple cranks due to limited front trim. I used the old 9 speed XOs before and there are several trims on the left shifters. I am hoping the latest 2 x 9 left grip shifters still has them?
    mem

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    No 2x shifters will work with 3x....there just wont be enough cable pull to get it up 2 rings.
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I see,thanks AlexR. So if I convert my triple crankset to double set up, like moving the biggest ring at the middle and putting a 26 or 27 on the granny gear? would the XX left grip shift work? would the left XX gripshift be able to accomodate the cable pull on 2 chainring gaps in a double set up from this converted triple crankset?
    mem

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    That would work ok.
    As you know, a front derailleur works by swinging on an arc. At points closer into the frame the arc is more outward, but as the derailleur goes further out the arc gets more toward traveling vertically. You have to find the position of the chainrings and the height of the derailleur to get a good quality shift.
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"