mtbr member
    Jan 2004

SRAM XO w/Shimano Shifters?

I really like that new 2006 SRAM XO rear short cage deraileur. Will that der work with Shimano XTR 8 spd shifters? I've heard it wont due to the 1:1 vs. 1:2 differences. I'm not sure how that affects the der as I've always that the der was passive, just moving as the shifters dictated.

But, heck for $250 for that frigin XO, its waaayy to rich for my pocket book, but I was just wondering...in case.

1x9'er
    Jul 2005
    Sorry, you're outta luck on the Shimano shifters working with the SRAM derailuer . Your pocketbook will be happy though...

mtbr member
    stick with Sram get an x9 set up........sooooo nice
    I sold my soul for pennies....but I got a VP Free thrown in as well, man what a deal

Trail rider and racer
    Shimano wont work. Ratios are 2:1 v 1:1

Perhaps try full on X9 or if you really wanna X.0. heck X.7 is nice too!
    Trev!

Neg reppers r my biatches
    sram x.9 rear der will work just as well (if not better given it will be more robust when eventual crashing occurs). I have had both x0 and x9 rear der and they are the best, period. However, you are SOL given the 1:1 ratio....my HUGE bias is X0 twist shifter with X9 rear der, unless you are XC racing and care about a few grams then get X0 rear der. Or, get the X9 rear der/X0 rear der with X9 trigger shifters.....VERY popular and excellent setup if yo prefer triggers.