mtbr member
    Oct 2004

SRAM XO micro adjust front grip shift

I'm having issues with my bike, lots and lots of issues. Before one of you says "take it to (enter shop name here)" I've tried everything and there is something fundamentally wrong with my set up. I've been searching the net for a while and I can't find very much info on the SRAM XO micro adjust front grip shifter. Does Micro adjust mean that I have more than three shifting options? With my current set up I get bad chain suck in one gear ratio and lots of chain rub in another. If Micro adjust means I can make small adjustments between the actual shifting settings this sounds ideal. Is anyone running this set up?

Please only reply if you know facts, no speculation please.

Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by gregz12
    If Micro adjust means I can make small adjustments between the actual shifting settings this sounds ideal. Is anyone running this set up?
    Yes, and yes. Because I replaced my big ring with a bashguard and didn't change my chainline, I need to move my shifter just one click past "2" when using my smallest rear cogs to prevent the chain from rubbing on the front der cage. I'm running older 9.0 twisters, but I believe the micro adjust feature is the same.

Kathy :^)
    Last edited by Lucky; 09-16-2005 at 09:43 AM.
    Look where you want to go. This is as true in life as it is in mtbiking.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Thanks

Do I need to replace my XT front der with a SRAM one or is it compatible? There isn't much on the SRAM site about this. The throws on the Shimano XT front der are pretty long, they might be one to one.

Linoleum Knife
    Quote Originally Posted by gregz12
    Do I need to replace my XT front der with a SRAM one or is it compatible? There isn't much on the SRAM site about this. The throws on the Shimano XT front der are pretty long, they might be one to one.
    Front derailleures are cross compatible.