mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Sram XO grip shift

What are my options for a rear derailleur if i've got the XO. Is it only limited to srams? Thanks

bi-winning
    yes. sram only. x5,7,9,0
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The new X9 is solid and can be had for less $100. The X0 is a little lighter, maybe 25 gr, but you pay $200+ for it

There is one saving grace for the X0, it uses standard center mount jocky wheels. This makes an easy upgrade to Al if you so desire. Those plastic ones wear kind of fast and they seem to attrack dirt like a magnet
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Thanks for the info. Do you think there is any BIG difference btw x9 and x7?? I can get a really good price on the x7 or spend a lil more to get x9. Let me know wut you think.

CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??
    Quote Originally Posted by imtekno
    Thanks for the info. Do you think there is any BIG difference btw x9 and x7?? I can get a really good price on the x7 or spend a lil more to get x9. Let me know wut you think.
    X.7's are good, but I think the X.9's are better...not by a whole lot and unless you really know what each one feels like you'll be happy w/the X.7.
    FWIW- If you're runnin' two rings up ft - I'd get a mid-cage and I think they offer X.7's and X.9's in mid-cage. Mid-cages will shift a lil quicker and keep a lil more tension on yer chain so you don't get as much chain slap or be as quick to drop it. Mmmmm...mid-cage
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Hey sounds good! I might just stick w/ the x7 and see how it feels like.