EMP
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

SRAM X7 or DEORE

I have a thin 28.6 mm frame on mybike and the only front derailleurs that I can find to fit my frame are SRAM x7 and Shimano Deore. Better Shimano and SRAM groups do not come with this additional ring that makes it fit thin frame (at least not where I come from). Originaly on my bike there was a Deore front der. and it newer worked well. Will SRAM X7 be better choice?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    all the top shimano FDs are made to take the reducer shim, some of them come with it, but it can also be ordered separately...

so basically you can choose any FD you like..

http://www.bike-components.de/catalo...lle+f%FCr+M510

http://www.bike-components.de/catalo...%2CM580%2CM600

PS: Welcome to mtbr!

EMP
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Not if You live in Croatia You can't. You can by what You can find it local stores. No way to buy or order reductor for XT. I have been trying that for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by EMP
    Not if You live in Croatia You can't. You can by what You can find it local stores. No way to buy or order reductor for XT. I have been trying that for 2 years.
    I checked your profile.. and the store I linked is here in Germany and ships to Croatia...I have friends from Croatia that are used to buying parts from Germany as they are usually cheaper here...

I was trying to help so don't go snapping at me

EMP
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Sorry

Sorry for snapping. I will try to order from Germany. I have tryed most of the USA web bike stores and they have refused to take my credit card. Something about my country being on a black list...
    So, theoreticaly they do ship to Croatia, but won't take croatian cards.
    Thanks. By the way, I do have my old reductor for Deore. Does it fit LX, XT or any other Shimano front der.

Quote Originally Posted by EMP
    Sorry for snapping. I will try to order from Germany. I have tryed most of the USA web bike stores and they have refused to take my credit card. Something about my country being on a black list...
    So, theoreticaly they do ship to Croatia, but won't take croatian cards.
    Thanks. By the way, I do have my old reductor for Deore. Does it fit LX, XT or any other Shimano front der.

I think the reductors are similar, but I am not completely sure... as you can see on my links above there are 2 models, so I suppose there is a difference somewhere....

bike-components doesn't take credit card payments ( I know...) but they take international bank transfer from all over, so I suppose it shouldn't be such a big deal. There are other german stores like www.bike-mailorder.de or http://www.hibike.com/ that do take CC.