mtbr member
    May 2006

SRAM X1 shifters. Do need a magic spell or something? Only 1 lever. ????

I just got my Devinci Troy Carbon with SRAM X1 drivetrain (1X11). I shifted to the largest cog, shifted again and the chain came off! I placed the chain back on, but the shifters don't shift down at all so the chain keeps falling off the largest ring.
    What magic spell do I need to get these shifters to work? There's only one shifter lever. ???? How do you shift to a lower ring????

mtbr member
    One lever? There should be two levers. Push push or push pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Only one lever. There should be two? SRAM's website shows only one lever on the shifters.
    lol I got it. Embarrassing. It's still off by one cog. I adjusted the barrel all the way on the shifter, but it won't shift to the smallest ring and flys off the largest.
    I'm guessing I need to tighten up the cable on the derailleur. Yes?

mtbr member
    My SRAM GX shifter has two, it's a push push set up.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RobD22 View Post
    My SRAM GX shifter has two, it's a push push set up.

Yeah, my 1st SRAM set up. It didn't look like a lever.I'm like, what is this thing for? lol
    Coming from Shimano XT shifters.
    I adjusted the barrel all the way on the shifter itself, but is still one cog off. Do I need to take apart the shifter and take up more slack from the cable or do that on the derailleur?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Having a hard time adjusting this. There are no instructions anywhere. Anybody?

Positively negative
    Mar 2010
    Sounds like a limit screw adjustment, or possibly a bent hanger and/or derailer.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you could benefit from the help of a professional mechanic.

I will say, DO NOT TAKE YOUR SHIFTER APART.

Rear Derailleur Adjustment | Park Tool

mtbr member
    I second big_papa_nuts! DO NOT take your shifter or derailer apart. Is't definitely a limiter screw adjustment. I would also suggest you take it to a shop. If you are not familiar with derailer adjustments you can really screw it up.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I found this Two Wheels Good, Four Wheels Bad: How to Adjust SRAM XX1 Rear Derailleur
    and ran into a problem. The "H" adjustment screw will only permit the pulley to align with the second to smallest socket. It appears the pulley contacts the plastic piece on the derailleur limiting it's movement.

SRAM X1 shifters. Do  need a magic spell or something? Only 1 lever. ????-contact.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Disconnect the cable, then set the limits... Or loosen the tension on the shifter barrel...

mtbr member

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I ran through the entire barrel range trying to find the optimal setting, but I can't get it shifting smoothly. I had to adjust the "B" screw so it was under the recommended 13mm spacing (Update:Just read in the manual it's suppose to be 6mm) in order to be able to shift onto the smallest sprocket. (Pulley sprocket no longer makes contact)
    Very frustrating trying to get it to shift smoothly throughout it's range.
    Thanks for finding the manual. I'll give it a read and start over from scratch by disconnecting the cable 1st then setting limits again. Ahhh! lol