Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

SRAM X-9...much of a difference between '08, '09, and '10?

741 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  atchipmunk 
#1 ·
Thinking about making the switch to an SRAM drivetrain for the old-school Specialized FSR DH frame i'm refinishing and building (http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=6357938&posted=1#post6357938). Looking at going with X-9 FD, RD, shift pods, etc. and am wondering if there was much difference between the years ('08, '09, and '10)? Is it worth spending the extra $$$ for the 2010 stuff? or is the '09 stuff sufficient? Also, can you mix and match X-9 stuff from different years? Say, using '08 shifters with '09 Derailleurs, etc? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Alvin Caragay
Hermosa Beach, CA

#2 ·
Yes, you can mix from all the years.

I believe the 2009 stuff has some forged bits as opposed to cast. And the jockey wheels are standard instead of having the offset holes.

And I think the 2010 was supposed to have new designs and cage geometries and will shed some weight. It is also lower profile.

#3 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
Yes, you can mix from all the years.

I believe the 2009 stuff has some forged bits as opposed to cast. And the jockey wheels are standard instead of having the offset holes.

And I think the 2010 was supposed to have new designs and cage geometries and will shed some weight. It is also lower profile.
Ok, thanks for the reply. Prolly gonna go with all '09 X.9 stuff. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.