Neg reppers r my biatches

SRAM X.0 Shifter comfort..

I cant really get a feel from reading the reviews....

I am considering getting X.0 twist shifters and rear der for a new bike I am building.

Are they comfortable? Are they short enough so that it does not feel awkward for a newbie or does it bother a lot of people to have the shifter part as part of the grip? Is there an ideal way to set them up (eg, with other after-market grips) that makes it optimal?

I like the idea of massive shifts at once and for fun, am trying to build up this bike with nothing Shimano except the front der (since I am not sure i have an option).

Cheers!

mtbr member

I love em

I started out with the 800x-rays to go along with my shimano grouping on my old schwinn.I had purchased some Yeti grips to go along with them. My new XO`s feel GREAT, no need to worry bout new grips, for these come with some really nice grips. I have large hands so grips fit very well. Just a shift of my body weight and hands to comfortably move to shift. I leave my grips at full length(but you can trim the grip)because of hand size and bar size(RF Diabolus 28"wide) and my shifting has never been as crisp as this set-up.XO der. and shifters. XT front der. What i like most about these is the indexing on the left(front der.)it allows me to adjust for chain rub through the nine speed gearing in back.............................ghost
    A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.
    -Groucho Marx

Obviously Single

SRAM XO beats Shimano for me

I used to use Shimano XTR stuff, but my left thumb got jambed once, and it never recovered. Each shift of the front derailure caused pain.

So I want to the SRAM XO stuff and never looked back. I love it.

I always get the shift I want. No ghost shifts.

I used the grips that came with the XOs, but they wore out. I just bought some short locking grips, and they are way cool! I have wide riser bars, as well.

My only problem is my XT shift levers. (I can't use the XTR levers for my XTR discs, since the XTR levers also have shifters built in.) The brake levers are a touch short, so I have to have them as close as possible to the grip shift.
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

Neg reppers r my biatches

Thanks

Thanks to both of your for your input. I think I will keep an eye out for a good deal on the X.0 shifter and rear der set which I see often. I currently see it for about $180. Is that a good price?

Slow riding mama's boy

I trimmed my X.O shifters a bit.

I love them, but found that the raised ridges on the shifters that allow you to grip them to rotate the shifters were a little too pronounced and weren't comfortable on my hand, even with gloves. I used my Dremel tool to soften and slightly smooth the ridges where they transition to the regular grip. It worked great and they're more comfortable. The grip now has a smoother transition to the shifters, and I still can grab the inner edge of the shifters if I want a lot of leverage by using the ridges to grab onto. Works great.

The X.O is awesome overall, especially when you want to just grab a bunch of gears at once. I had the old XTR and I won't go back.

Joel

RS Space Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeMan
    I used to use Shimano XTR stuff, but my left thumb got jambed once, and it never recovered. Each shift of the front derailure caused pain.

So I want to the SRAM XO stuff and never looked back. I love it.

I always get the shift I want. No ghost shifts.

I used the grips that came with the XOs, but they wore out. I just bought some short locking grips, and they are way cool! I have wide riser bars, as well.

My only problem is my XT shift levers. (I can't use the XTR levers for my XTR discs, since the XTR levers also have shifters built in.) The brake levers are a touch short, so I have to have them as close as possible to the grip shift.
    Lee Man,

Been SERIOUSLY considering going back to SRAM twisters, but was worried I couldn't use locking grips. Do you know if there is a short grip available that will work with my ODI clamps?
    Ain't No Mountains in Texas

29 some of the time...
    Several lock-on grip treads in production now.

ODI has Ruffian, rogue, yeti, and intense patterns that your clips will fit right onto