mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Sram Trigger Shifters for 8 speed?

Anyone know where I can find a set of SRAM trigger shifters for an 8 speed drivetrain? I purchased a set of X7's for an 8 speed last year and now I am looking for another set.

Thanks

NMBP/OMBA crew!
    check out the attacks, cambria bikes and jensonusa both carry sram stuff.
    http://ocalabicyclecenter.com/

Rubber side down is good for me

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    The attacks are 2:1 and I am looking for the 1:1 to use with an x9 rear derailuer. They were easy to find last year and now I cant find any. Oh well guess I should have got more than one set when I had the chance.

I Love my Rize

I hear ya

It seems that X7 triggers are no more and SX5 have taken over in triggers, but have you ever tried X9 twisters in 8 speed? simply the best shifting you will ever experience. Damn they are so good and they never break or wear out. The only thing you have to replace is the shifter grips every blue moon and you can use ANY X series shifter grips on andy X series grippers.
    Early to bed early to RIZE makes a man healthy, wealthy <(scratch that) and wize.

RIGHTY on a LEFTY

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    I'm in the same boat. The SX5 is the new X7. That's the best we'll get I guess. I wish SRAM would make the X.9 in 8 spd trigger.

willtsmith_nwi
    The SRAM website indicates that the X.9 and X.7 trigger is available in 8 speed. I did some hunting and could not find any. A couple years back they listed the X.0 twist shifter as being available in 8 speed but it never materialized (I really want one for the grip).

I think it's a shame that SRAM seems to be dropping some of it's 8 speed support. 9 speed is just less durable then 8 speed. Good thing they're still making X-9 Gripshifts in 8 speed.

For the OP ... the SX-5 trigger shifter is last years X-7. It's good stuff.

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Quote Originally Posted by willtsmith_nwi
    I think it's a shame that SRAM seems to be dropping some of it's 8 speed support.
    I agree. I'd like to go one more step and see SRAM or Shimano come out with a bulletproof, high end, 5 speed drivetrain for DH. I only use 4 or 5 gears anyway. Though I guess it wouldn't work or they would have done it long ago.

Do It Yourself
    I have a like new set I could part with. Make me an offer I can't refuse.
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Homebrew,
    Thanks for the offer but I think I am going to try some X9 shorty 8 speed grip shiters on this new build.

I Love my Rize

Good Call

Quote Originally Posted by Downeaster
    Homebrew,
    Thanks for the offer but I think I am going to try some X9 shorty 8 speed grip shiters on this new build.
    You will be shocked and amazed as to the performance of the 8 speed X9 gripshifts. I believe this is the HOTTEST setup going right now, simply amazing.
    Early to bed early to RIZE makes a man healthy, wealthy <(scratch that) and wize.

RIGHTY on a LEFTY

I AM I AM
    It won't help you guys but for New Zelanders / Aussies http://www.torpedo7.com offers some 8 speed triggers.