thecentralscrutinizer

SRAM trigger shifter ??

I want to upgrade my X9 shifters IF the XO or XX shifters offer 2-way shifting for the upshift like my XTR shifters do. Do either of these shifters offer this?

The adjustable postion of the paddles is a nice feature I want to.

Thanks for the help.
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2012 Niner Air9
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2003 TiSport Gman

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mopartodd View Post
    I want to upgrade my X9 shifters IF the XO or XX shifters offer 2-way shifting for the upshift like my XTR shifters do. Do either of these shifters offer this?

The adjustable postion of the paddles is a nice feature I want to.

Thanks for the help.

SRAM shifters are thumb push for both upshifts and downshifts. Shimano shifters can be push/push or push for upshifts and trigger finger pull for downshifts.

I was a long term twist shifter guy. My bike got stolen in Aug and this forced me to make new decisions and changes. The biggest change was going to 29" wheels which I love, but also going away from twist and going to a more traditional shifter. I now have 2 bikes, one with SLX Shimano tiggers and the other with SRAM XO. I like both and would recomend either. Both have one clamp around the h-bar simplifying the clamp area, and both have a way to adjust the shifter seperate from the brake.

Both bikes and drive trains are also the new clutch style rear der. Man, does that really make a difference on the 2x10 systems in terms of great shifts and little to no noise.

Woody

thecentralscrutinizer
    Thanks Woodman. I guess I'll stick with what I have then since thay get the job done.
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2012 Niner Air9
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2003 TiSport Gman