MC MasterShake

New question here. SRAM Rocket vs. Attack for Shimano D's

Can anyone comment on the differences between the SRAM Rocket and the SRAM Attack for Shimano Derailleurs? It looks like the Attack is comparable to their X.7 while the Rocket is comparable to their X.9. It looks like for 07 they're not making the Rocket any more. So what would be better an 07 Attack or an 05/06 Rocket?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I've had both and the Rocket had the richer looking gear indicator but as far as a shifting difference, I don't think I could pass a blind test between the two. EXCEPT, I preferred the rubber grip profile on my Rocket Shorty.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Rocket and Grips

I have a 2006 Rocket and absolutley love it accept for one thing, the twist part of the grip is too thick in diameter. I ordered a pair of XO replacement grips (the part which twists) and they DO work with the Rocket contrary to what most shops will tell you. I belive that the Attack come with Amy grips which are already narrower than what comes on teh Rocket but the XO's are much nicer. I have a friend who recently installed the Atack and she's pretty happy with it.