• 12-17-2012
    dochou
    SRAM powerlink is stuck, Help.
    Hi I put on a SRAM Powerlink on my 10 speed chain. It is the one for 10 speed chains. I can not get it to slide off now. It does not slide off. Any tips on how to get it to slide apart. When I placed it on, there was alot of resistance too. Thanks
    :confused:
  • 12-17-2012
    customfab
    The 10spd links are way tighter than your use to with Sram 8/9 links. You need a pair of pliers to remove them. Park makes a special set that work really well. You can also use modify a set of needle nose to work as well. The 10spd Sram links are also not supposed to be reused. People do it and seem to think it's OK, but Sram says they are disposable.
  • 12-17-2012
    b-kul
    aside from some chain voodoo once they are on they are on.
  • 12-17-2012
    wschruba
    To tack on to what customfab said: If you're nervous about the 'do not reuse' part, throw a KMC master link on, as they are reusable, according to KMC (but only if removed with master link pliers).
  • 12-17-2012
    danmtchl
    The Sram 10 speed link is designed to be single use only. You can reuse them but it would be easier to buy a KMC masterlink, it is reuseable and I have had zero problems.
  • 12-17-2012
    Bike Whisperer
    They call the 10 speed link Powerlock for a reason
  • 12-18-2012
    belljeffw
    Dunno if it was a good idea, but I filed my SRAM Powerlink to make it easier to put on and take off. Only had a few rides with it, but so far it works just fine.
  • 12-18-2012
    customfab
    Quote:

Originally Posted by belljeffw View Post
    Dunno if it was a good idea, but I filed my SRAM Powerlink to make it easier to put on and take off. Only had a few rides with it, but so far it works just fine.

Hopefully when your nuts smash into your stem they don't burst.
  • 12-18-2012
    danmtchl
    @customfab,

That is very true and very funny.