Now broadcasting from CO

New question here. SRAM PG990 Cassette Question

Has anyone ever had a piece of a cog on a PG990 cassette just fall off between two arms of the spider for no apparent reason? I was racing today and it straight up came off, I haven't bash it on anything or fall hard on it in recent weeks. Could this just have been a vestage of damage I did to it in the past (it's only about 3mo old)?

The Final, all important question: Will SRAM warenty it or do I have to spend another $99 to get a new one?
    Brought to you by rocks.

Haro Sonix LT VL120
    May 2006
    I would imagine that sram sure give you a new one if you didn't recall doing anything harmful to the cassette. That's just good business.

Do you mean that the cog came off the whole cassette or did it break off? Just wondering myself because that's pretty strange. OR are you just like one strong rider? : )

mtbr member

Stripping Lockring

I've also heard of the red aluminum lockring stripping. I heard the threads are too soft and shallow (doesn't go in deep enough to secure the cassette).
    Recycle... Ride your bike again and again!

Seems there was a post a few months ago where someone had a cog disappear from the spider kind of like you describe. Don't know if they'd warranty it, though, but worth asking.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique