Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Actually, I found the compression washer. It looks different than the other ones. So I think I'm all good.

Refer to the following photos:

1) BB NDS w washer installed. It was already "pressed" in.
    2) BB w washer removed
    3) Compression washer
    4) Drive Side spacing between crank arm and BB, 2.5mm. This actually makes sense...I had a Shimano BB in there and it came installed w/ a 2.5mm washer. It's just strange that the GXP crank "floats" on the DS, but I understand now how it's secured on the NDS.

Ah...This floating gap allows the use of a chain guide w/o affecting chain line. Genius!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sram gxp 73mm bottom bracket h question...-img_3663.jpg  

Sram gxp 73mm bottom bracket h question...-img_3662.jpg  

Sram gxp 73mm bottom bracket h question...-img_3661.jpg  

Sram gxp 73mm bottom bracket h question...-img_3664.jpg  

Last edited by nsxtc; 07-14-2013 at 07:17 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    if a threaded sram GXP needs chainline adjustment towards the right (away from the bb), how is this accomplished?

i understand that putting spacers on the NDS bb shell adjust the chainline inboard (towards the bb)

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    if a threaded sram GXP needs chainline adjustment towards the right (away from the bb), how is this accomplished?

i understand that putting spacers on the NDS bb shell adjust the chainline inboard (towards the bb)
    don't put a spacer behind the bb cup... if that's not enough there there is likely an issue with you frame
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Sram gxp 73mm bottom bracket h question...

Quote Originally Posted by thomllama View Post
    don't put a spacer behind the bb cup... if that's not enough there there is likely an issue with you frame
    If putting a spacer in a 73mm threaded gxp is not possible, then i also cannot put a bb bash guard? Frame doesn't have iscg.

What's the resulting chainline for a NW 1x spideless x9 and x7?

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    yes,.. there is room on the drive side... the Non drive side does all your adjustments and holding of the crankset...

newer (2010 and later I believe) GXP BB cups are set slightly smaller on the drive side to comp for the room needed for BB mounted accessories

there always needs to be a slight space between the Drive side cup/bearing and the spider.. (thou the now have a way washer there to lightly push and keep the seal from moving out.)
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3