mtbr member
    Sep 2010

sram 2x10 drivetrain mix

Hi. I am looking for help on such matter. I plan to use sram x.0 2x10 drivetrain with some variation. Instead of double x.0 crankset I would use tripple x.0 crankset with biggest chainring replaced by the bashring, making it double crankset with bashring. Will 2 step trigger work with such crankset? And one more question: will 9 speed double crankset (race face sixc 22-32-bashring) work with 2 step trigger from 2x10 x.0 drivetrain and with 10 speed chain? Wich front deraileur should I use then - 10 speed double or my old 9 speed front could be used with 2 step x.0 trigger? Thanks in advance. Bartek from Poland.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    You need the 3x10 front shifter NOT the 2x10 one. The Raceface crank would need the 3x10 front shifter also (their rings are 10spd compatible though). Need a 3x10 FD with the limit screw set to not shift to the largest ring. I'm running the 3x10 crank with an e13 Heim2 bash and the LBS installed the 2x10 front shifter by mistake and I needed it changed to the 3x10 one to shift properly, as the FD ratios are different, so know firsthand.