Thread: sram 2x10

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

sram 2x10

i have a sram 2x10 crank with 22/36 104bcd rings. Is it possible to switch that 36 to a 32 or 34? Tolerances look tight but curious if anyone has done it. If so any particular brand rigs work best?

mtbr member
    There should be many 104 bcd rings that will fit, but you have to be mindful of the timing of the ramps and pins. Optimal shifting would be a sram chainring or something that has the same timing.

It does look like sram has a 32T 104bcd 10 speed ring. (9 speed rings generally work as well, but if they are thicker they may not shift as well. Maybe. )

SRAM/Truvativ spare parts catalog

I think you want pn# 11.6215.063.000 - Chain Ring MTB 32T V7 104 Steel MatteBlack

If you use other chainrings it's best to replace them both unless you are unconcerned about optimal shifting (due to cost or any other reason). FSA, RaceFace and others have rings that will bolt-on. I actually have a RaceFace Turbine 28T 80 bcd small ring on my SRAM X9 crankset and it seems just fine. Looks to me like the ramps are the same, but I could be wrong.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Thanks, my other thought was to run a triple with the outer ring replaced to a bash so it would be 22/32/bashguard. Will a sram 2x10 front der. work or is the spacing different?

mtbr member
    Actually you don't need a triple spider. All you need is the sram big ring with integrated bashguard (good option since you are changing the big ring anyway) or you can buy a plain ring and run a BBG bashring. (Google them-- I don't use one but a lot of people do.)

mtbr member
    You can also use a MRP if you want a chainguide and bashguard.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    cant find a sram big ring with integrated bash, can you point me to one?

mtbr member
    The sram guards are like a BBG as far as I know. (I haven't used either, but have seen both.) The part numbers are on page 3 of that pdf I linked in an earlier reply. The guards are only for 104 BCD and you install one of those and a 104 BCD ring of the desired size, and you're golden.

Or you can have a LBS or other SRAM dealer hook you up. I'm sure a larger online shop like Universal Cycles can get you the right stuff if you don't have a decent LBS or prefer online.