Thread: speedplay frog

master blaster

speedplay frog

i just bought myself some speedplay frog pedals and set them up but my left shoe is having trouble completly clipping in. both cleats are installed the same. my shoes are compatible with out having to remove any rubber. but my left foot feels clipped in but if i pull up or back it easily pops out. and my right foot is properly clipping in. any idea what the issue is?

-brian-
    Quote Originally Posted by ISuckAtRiding View Post
    The dude is like 120lbs, tops lol he can run any tires he wants without issues, i'm sure.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by veloreality
    i just bought myself some speedplay frog pedals and set them up but my left shoe is having trouble completly clipping in. both cleats are installed the same. my shoes are compatible with out having to remove any rubber. but my left foot feels clipped in but if i pull up or back it easily pops out. and my right foot is properly clipping in. any idea what the issue is?

-brian-
    The problem is most likely that the little ramp at the front of the cleat is not popping into place in front of that disc on the pedal after it slides over it.

First, check that the ramp in the front of the cleat has the little rubber thingy under it so that it pops up from the cleat (check it against the other cleat for reference).

Second, there is a little adjustment screw at the back of the cleat that determines how far the pedal disc can slide back into the cleat. If the screw is too far in, the pedal disc will not completely slide past the little ramp and the ramp will not be able to pop into place. Try backing the screw out a little (thus allowing the disc to slide in farther) and see if that helps.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    don't give up, hope you solve the problem.

my frogs have treated me well

master blaster
    fixed. my left cleat was too far back on my shoe. rode them today for a ride. not a fan yet but i like everything about them that ive read so i plan on getting used to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ISuckAtRiding View Post
    The dude is like 120lbs, tops lol he can run any tires he wants without issues, i'm sure.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by veloreality
    fixed. my left cleat was too far back on my shoe. rode them today for a ride. not a fan yet but i like everything about them that ive read so i plan on getting used to them.
    Yeah, they have a very unique feel to then that does take some getting used to. Not for everyone, but I can't go back to anything else, now. I love the totally free float, and the fact that there is no tension to overcome to get out. I also find them to be super fast to get back into (I'm clipped back in at the end of the first pedal crank) if I ever do drop a foot on a corner.