mtbr member
    May 2006

Some Love for Blackspire Superpro Rings

Just wanted to put up a small write up for the Blackspire Superpro chainrings.

Chainrings are often overlooked si I think when you have ones that perform exceptionally well its worth a small review.

For multi ring set-ups I've only ever used the stock Shimano rings. On my AM bike (Nomad C) Ive been rinning a 2x9 setup, but the ghetto style which is a triple crank with the largest ring removed. I had been running an e.13 turbocharger bash for a while but decided I wanted an actual guide, so I opted for the new MRP 2x.

The smaller 2x guide is designed to handle a 34t ring as its smallest size (for the larger ring). I had also been wanting to up the ring size from the standard 22-32 for a while, but didnt know about anyones aftermarket ramped & pinned rings.

I settled on the Blackspire Superpro rings in 24-34. They look outstanding and you can tell they are quality when you see them. They shift better than any rings I have previously used. So, on top of looking *****en, they work exceptionally well.

So, if you are looking to change around your rings sizes and need ramped & pinned rings the Blackspires are definetly worth a look. Not to mention their prices are pretty darn good (I got my from Pricepoint)

mtbr member
    I came across your post while doing a search for something completely different but wanted to agree with your comments. I have a perfectly serviceable Shimano XTR M960 cranks but the OEM rings are toast and new ones cost a fortune. On a whim I decided to order and try Blackspire. I ordered a 22T, 34T and a bash-guard to fit. They are on a Bansee Paradox. For a 29" bike I wanted the lower gearing. Anyway, as you said they are very well made, look nice and have been working flawlessly. Shifting is problem free.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.