mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Single chainring for FSA 3-bolt crank

I am converting my 2011 Cannondale Flash to a 1x10. It has the stock 27-39T front rings on the FSA 3 bolt crank. I like the 39T outer ring and would like to use the same size ring or possibly a bit smaller. Does anyone make a single unramped ring this size in a 3 bolt pattern to fit the FSA?? I have looked but have had no luck finding anything.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

36T 3 Bolt 86mm BCD Chainring

Hi Daniel, if your interested we can machine a 3 Bolt 86mm BCD to fit these cranks for ~$45 + shipping, just let us know, Thanks - Colin
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Warhawk; 01-20-2013 at 08:45 PM. Reason: image missing
    Warhawk Industries - Specializing in Stainless Steel, Titanium and Aluminum Chainrings

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    If thats the case can you start making the spiderless chainrings for sram cranks. i have been waiting quite a while for one with no hope in sight.

Im sure there are plenty of people on here that would flood you with orders for them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
    Hi Daniel, if your interested we can machine a 3 Bolt 86mm BCD to fit these cranks for ~$45 + shipping, just let us know, Thanks - Colin
    That sounds good how do I contact you?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

contact

Quote Originally Posted by daniel240 View Post
    That sounds good how do I contact you?
    Sure you can use the contact form on our website warhawkindustries.com
    or send an email to info AT warhawkindustries.com. Just let us know the tooth size you want and we'll go ahead and machine and take care of payment/shipping when we have it packaged and ready to ship, Thanks - Colin
    Warhawk Industries - Specializing in Stainless Steel, Titanium and Aluminum Chainrings

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

in the works

Quote Originally Posted by beerguitar69 View Post
    If thats the case can you start making the spiderless chainrings for sram cranks. i have been waiting quite a while for one with no hope in sight.

Im sure there are plenty of people on here that would flood you with orders for them.
    Hi beerguitar69, this is planned so I'll go ahead and order a pair of XO/X7 cranks so we can start to mic the dimensions off for the spline interface. It may take a week or 2 but I'll post a thread when we have this done and you can test the ring for us, and if it's good to go we'll make any necessary changes and make them available for everyone else, Thanks - Colin

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    That would be great. I would love to help.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

3 Bolt 86mm BCD Chainring

Here is the 386 chainring we made yesterday, we'll have the 386 chainrings posted and ready for sale on our new website soon. Attached for beerguitar69 is also a solidworks model of a splined chainwheel for SRAM/Truvativ cranks, this is 1 of 6+ designs we are working on right now. Customers will also be able to design their own splined chainwheel at an affordable cost (<$100) in addition to custom engraving - Colin
    Last edited by Warhawk; 01-24-2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: fixed images

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Looks great Warhawk! Should I just wait till they are on the website?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Hi Daniel, yea were getting the revised website up now with a new SSL installed for checkout. I'll send you an email when were ready and we plan on running a few more of these rings tonight, Thanks - Colin

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Those look pretty sweet.

mtbr member
    Warhawk, fyi the bb30 and gxp crank spiders have different offsets built into the spider. The interface on a gxp crank sits farther outboard than a bb30. MRP and North Shore Billet already make gxp versions, and NSB has the bb30 rings in the works. MRP rings are offset offset for correct chainline, but I'm not sure about NSB although it appears so on their website.

Glad to see this Warhawk. Its always good to have options.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

36T 86mmm BCD Chainring

Hi ktm520, Thanks luckily we didn't have to find this out the hard way like others have. We'll make GXP and BB30 versions. Attached is a 36T 86mmm BCD Chainring a customer requested, Thanks - Colin
    Last edited by Warhawk; 01-28-2013 at 02:35 PM. Reason: added image

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Warhawk I noticed the chainring is up on your site. Can I go ahead and order?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

ready togo

Quote Originally Posted by daniel240 View Post
    Warhawk I noticed the chainring is up on your site. Can I go ahead and order?
    Hi Daniel, yep we got a new SSL installed on our server so the online store is ready to go, I'll send you both 39T rings we made when I see your order come through and I'll ship them tomorrow, Thanks - Colin

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I order my chain ring July 14th 2013 and I still dont got my chain ring from WARHAWK INDUSTRIES they have a terrible back log, nobody answers the phone their voice mail box is full of messages and didnt get any email replies I decided to email them and cancel my order maybe they will respond!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by aluz79 View Post
    I order my chain ring July 14th 2013 and I still dont got my chain ring from WARHAWK INDUSTRIES they have a terrible back log, nobody answers the phone their voice mail box is full of messages and didnt get any email replies I decided to email them and cancel my order maybe they will respond!
    Adrian I understand your frustration, you called 2 days ago and I said I would send you out a chainring while we wait to get your anodized gold chainring, probably the only 3 bolt anodized gold chainring in existence. I pulled an extra ring from inventory, sanded and brushed it and was preparing to get it ready to mail when you sent an email wanting to cancel and then within an hour or so you made this post, not even giving us a chance to respond. Again I know it's frustrating but it's important to realize if we stop and drop everything we are doing to answer the several dozen phone calls and emails we receive daily we end up loosing valuable time machining the chainrings you guys are waiting for. As far as I know we are the only company machining custom 3 bolt chainrings anodized in many colors and available in both stainless steel and Titanium, as a result we've received hundreds of orders in a relatively short period of time. Today I was able to machine 60+ rings in addition to everything else I need to take care of here, their is alot of rings being finished up at the anodizers and I'm dropping off another batch within the next few days so those will be done and ready for pick-up by early next week. We're on schedule to fulfill and ship every order by the end of next week and I've been able to build an inventory of the most popular sizes so the new orders that are coming in are being fulfilled rather quickly as a result. Like I said just hang in their as I'm shipping 2-3 dozen orders a day and by the end of next week all orders will have been shipped, Thanks for your understanding and patience as their is not many companies out their that will actually listen and respond on a forum 10:30 at night neglecting other responsibilities. We will take care of you guys and get you on the trails soon. Adrian since you have requested a cancellation we have honored your request, now we'll just have to figure out what to do with a 36T Anodized Gold 3 Bolt Chainring, anyone? - Colin
    Last edited by Warhawk; 08-17-2013 at 09:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Adrian I understand your frustration, you called 2 days ago and I said I would send you out a chainring while we wait to get your anodized gold chainring, probably the only 3 bolt anodized gold chainring in existence. I pulled an extra ring from inventory, sanded and brushed it and was preparing to get it ready to mail when you sent an email wanting to cancel and then within an hour or so you made this post, not even giving us a chance to respond. Again I know it's frustrating but it's important to realize if we stop and drop everything we are doing to answer the several dozen phone calls and emails we receive daily we end up loosing valuable time machining the chainrings you guys are waiting for. As far as I know we are the only company machining custom 3 bolt chainrings anodized in many colors and available in both stainless steel and Titanium, as a result we've received hundreds of orders in a relatively short period of time. Today I was able to machine 60+ rings in addition to everything else I need to take care of here, their is alot of rings being finished up at the anodizers and I'm dropping off another batch within the next few days so those will be done and ready for pick-up by early next week. We're on schedule to fulfill and ship every order by the end of next week and I've been able to build an inventory of the most popular sizes so the new orders that are coming in are being fulfilled rather quickly as a result. Like I said just hang in their as I'm shipping 2-3 dozen orders a day and by the end of next week all orders will have been shipped, Thanks for your understanding and patience as their is not many companies out their that will actually listen and respond on a forum 10:30 at night neglecting other responsibilities. We will take care of you guys and get you on the trails soon. Adrian since you have requested a cancellation we have honored your request, now we'll just have to figure out what to do with a 36T Anodized Gold 3 Bolt Chainring, anyone? - Colin
    Dude, you seem like a nice, guy, but that smiley face shows that you don't understand the seriousness of the business you are failing at. It's not funny or cute that someone who loves the sport I love is so fed up with your service that he cancelled what you think is the only place he can get the part he desires.

It also doesn't help that you claim to have been building an inventory for new orders when people like us have been waiting months longer than expected. This posting pretty much just said F.U. to the existing customers in hopes of landing new ones and you continually make excuses without even an apology. While it's not so hard for us to understand you're getting overwhelmed and need to focus on making product and not "loosing valuable time" answering dozens of complaints you get a day....you completely fail to realize the valuable time on our bikes some of us are losing.

I had been considering cancelling my order after the 4th time you lied to me saying it would get out "the next day", "right away", "immediately", or "in a couple of days" and this posting just pushed me over the edge. My 6 week wait is over, I'd rather go spend $200 on a new crankset than give you my business.

Thanks for wasting 6 weeks of my short Minnesota riding season. Sorry to hear you've got to deal with "several dozen phone calls and emails we receive daily" from selfish riders like me that want to get back on our bikes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Jason, I've picked your order out of the shipping list and will have it shipped today. Of course we take our business serious and we are well aware the impact our backlog has on customers. We have on multiple occasions misjudged exactly how long it will take to fulfill orders but we have never lied or deceived customers to attain more business while putting off others. We offer one of the largest selections of chainrings with virtually any tooth size, bcd, material and color that I know of. As a result we get alot of orders for hard to find and custom made to order chainrings and we do the best we can to fulfill these orders in a timely manner, Thanks for your understanding I will get off here for now and package your Stainless Steel 32T 4 Bolt 80mm BCD Chainring - Colin

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Jason, I've picked your order out of the shipping list and will have it shipped today. Of course we take our business serious and we are well aware the impact our backlog has on customers. We have on multiple occasions misjudged exactly how long it will take to fulfill orders but we have never lied or deceived customers to attain more business while putting off others. We offer one of the largest selections of chainrings with virtually any tooth size, bcd, material and color that I know of. As a result we get alot of orders for hard to find and custom made to order chainrings and we do the best we can to fulfill these orders in a timely manner, Thanks for your understanding I will get off here for now and package your Stainless Steel 32T 4 Bolt 80mm BCD Chainring - Colin
    I've already cancelled my order through your site yesterday (not that I've gotten any response to that). If you want to send me the ring free of charge I'll post up here when I get it, but as I said, I'm just going to order a new crankset and be done with this whole fiasco. One can only be disappointed so many times before being completely disappointed in himself for allowing the situation to go on for so long, I'm as much to blame as you are at this point for the downtime...

Aug 14th phone convo - "not sure it'll get there before the weekend, but I'll have your chainring in the mail tomorrow".
    Aug 2nd email - "if it's not finished yet I can send you an aluminum one and then the stainless steel one a few days later"
    July 16th email before order placed in quick response to my custom request - "I'm actually cutting stainless steel chainrings over these next few days so I can fit you in versus waiting several weeks"

Statements like these do not appear to be misjudgments of time. Days later may be classified that way, maybe even a week...but on 3 different occasions now you've failed to deliver after two weeks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Hi Jason, your order wasn't shown as cancelled in our system as of today which is probably why you never received a confirmation. I made sure your payment was credited back as of a few minutes ago so that is taken care of. Ordering a new crankset is exactly what the crank manufacturers want you to do, it's why they continually keep changing the BCD's every other year to box you into their products by discontinuing the older BCD's so you have to buy a new crankset - Colin

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Thank you for the cancellation notice.

I understand this is exactly what crank manufacturers want. It's obviously why you exist and why I came to you in the first place when I blew out my big ring on my 2x10. My decision to save a few bucks and not give in to SRAMs scheme though led me to yours...which clearly hasn't worked out as I've been forced to ride on too small of a ring for 6 weeks during the nicest summer weather I've ever experienced in MN.

I will be replacing with a non-SRAM in an easy to find size.