Page 83 of 90 FirstFirst ... 33 73 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2243
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012

My Ghetto 1x9

Total cost of conversion: $7.99 for the shorter bolts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show pics of your 1x9 setup-bike11.jpg  

Show pics of your 1x9 setup-bike1.jpg  

Show pics of your 1x9 setup-bike2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    I find the bashwich works great for keeping the chain on. But my god it's a pain in the ass to clean all the crap out that accumulates between that and the chainring. Or on the chainring itself. By pain in the ass I mean pull the crank and take all the chainring bolts off to thoroughly clean it all. Any tips to avoid this? I'm thinking of ditching the bashwich and picking up the MRP thing.
    I was worried about that also. I clean my chain after about every ride. The Bashwich and Wigget seem like they would be hard to deal with.
    If the path ahead looks dangerous ------- it probably is!

Just Ride
    ^nice! How you like the brain? The alloy epic is an option I'm looking into in about a year, just unsure about the brain.
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    ^nice! How you like the brain? The alloy epic is an option I'm looking into in about a year, just unsure about the brain.
    Thanks.

I love the Epic and really like the brain, but I've nothing to compare it to as it's my first FS.

When I first got it, I kept messing with the brain settings during my rides, instead of giving one setting a chance for a few days to see how much I liked it. Its definitely worth experimenting with though if / when you first get it.

Now I have it all dialed in the way I like it, I never touch it. Only exception was when I went to Moab where I set it fully opened.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    My '07 MKIII. It's been upgraded just a bit. BBG bashwich with a Blackspire 32t front and 11-36 rear. Sorry for bad cell pic.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by fbabrove View Post
    Hey all, this is by far my favorite thread...and it absolutely inspired me to go 1x9 on my Giant Revel HT. I have been riding it for about a month and I completely love it. I decided to keep the middle ring (32T) from my Shimano Deore crank, and use a RaceFace Bash and a Jump-Stop. I went to a medium cage Sram x-7 RD, and I haven't dropped a chain yet. My only problem is that I get some bad, annoying rubbing on the bash in my smallest few gears.

I ordered a Salsa 32T single speed chainring, along with some shallow bolts. I am thinking about running this ring with the Jump-Stop but without a bash.

My question for all you experts is about chain-line: Since I am sticking with a 32T ring the same size as my stock middle ring, and going without a bash, do I need to do anything with my chain-line, or should it set up just fine? I am a complete noob when it comes to chainline, so any info/advice would be great.
    I had the same problem with slight rubbing on lowest two gears. Try some .6mm chainring bolt spacers, worked for me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by natzx7 View Post
    Chain jumped off my bashwich today. I came down a fast,short decent, followed by a sharp rooty climb. I got a lot of speed up on the drop so I wouldn't have to pump the climb. The little climb had my bike really bucking, and I was pedaling to keep speed, My chain jumped to the inside, Between the chainring and the BBG inner bash. I guess maybe I need a Bionicon? Thoughts, 1x9 guys?
    0.6mm chrainring bolt spacers. I had the same issue. With these the chain won't fit between the ring and inner guard.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by marpilli View Post
    A few updated photos of my 1x10. I'm still very happy with the BBG bashwich. I needed something a bit more than the N-Stop and less than an e*thirteen. The double BBG guards fit the bill perfectly...

Attachment 697901

Attachment 697902

Attachment 697903

Attachment 697904
    I love this bike, especially the raw frame. You can tell this bike has seen a LOT of trail time (in a good way). Reminds me of my old '98 GT Zaskar (I miss that bike).

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Reporter View Post
    Here is my new 1x10 set up, Bling 30t and XT 11-36.
    Awesome setup, that chainring looks beefy!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by marpilli View Post
    After my 8 speed drivetrain self destructed last Saturday, I had to replace a bunch of stuff. Introducing my 1x10 XT update.

Attachment 664871

Attachment 664872

Attachment 664873

Attachment 664874
    What model/year is this frame?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by s4gobabygo View Post
    my "bash guard" would probably melt if i hit something hard enough, but it guides the chain nicely. i just cut down a chainring i wasn't using. it only weighs 36g. all together, i saved 404g:

removed:
    135g shimano lx left shifter, cable, and housing
    167g shimano lx front derailleur
    74g truvativ big ring
    48g truvativ small ring and 4 bolts
    12g sram 970 chain shortened (284g to 272g)
    4g bb shell cable guide & screw

added:
    36g DIY "bash" guard

Net:
    404g
    Ghetto!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoker View Post
    My '99 Fisher that used to be a Ziggurat. I removed the spring and cable clamp from the front derailleur, and dropped it all the way down. It has worked great so far.
    Nice ride. Frame finish looks hot, did you buff it out or something?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Fooshnicken View Post
    Just a few updated pictures since I removed all the paint from my old Kona :-) This has a 36T middle chain ring up front and I'm using an N-Gear jump stop on the seat tube. It has the original 11-32 casette on the rear. I haven't bothered with any sort of chain device on this setup so far.
    I love aluminum frames with the paint stripped.. 1 more!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricci Chang View Post
    IVA's Evil Sovereign remains my favorite bike of this thread (if not the whole pinkbike site). But Pipes10's custom 1x9 Double and Nomad are serious beauty!
    Attachment 488858
    Nowhere as sexy as those bikes, here is my wife's 1x9 Hammer which I just lightened it by 1.1lb (18 unused gears). She is loving it after 3 days (20km) ride. Blackspire 36T front and X9 rear derailer works like charm.
    Sweet ride. Last one!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Here's mine. Found an old Klein on craigslist for a steal. Have hardly put any money into it (yet.. give me time) and it rides great. Front derallieurs have always been my least favourite part on any bike. Looks so much cleaner without one. Going to try a Thudbuster post and the Stans tubeless conversion kit for next season (sadly in around 4 months from now). Eventually want to pick up a SRAM short cage RD and a new fork.

Last edited by jm626; 12-09-2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: wrong derailleur

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    Nice. What model of MRP chain guide/skid is that?

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo5 View Post
    Nice. What model of MRP chain guide/skid is that?
    Well, it is a G2 SL Mini for Ibis with the lower guide snapped off. : I have already replaced it with a G2.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    Well, it is a G2 SL Mini for Ibis with the lower guide snapped off. : I have already replaced it with a G2.
    Was the lower guide snapped off intentionally? Because I'm looking for a chain guide + skid without lower chain guide...

Dissolved member
    Was the lower guide snapped off intentionally? Because I'm looking for a chain guide + skid without lower chain guide...
    Unfortunately, no. A stick in the drive train made the skid break around the pulley bolt hole. I filed the skid down a bit to not interfere with the chain and had been happily riding it for a few weeks before I got the G2.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I know, right? That is exactly what I'm looking for to replace my BBG bashwich. Once the outer bash bends (REALLY easy to do), it's rather hard to get it perfectly straight again. At this point, the outer bash had so many bends straightened, it rubs on the chain when I'm toward the small cog making an annoying grating noise.

Fortunately, MRP is coming out with the AMG - it should be in retailers hands by mid-December (as soon as I saw it's announcement, I sent MRP an email asking when it would be out!). Can't wait to get my hands on this (on the right side below)!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Here is my setup, 1x10, with some gettho 2 stingers as chain guide. whatever works. I lost one roller long time ago, now I put bolt & nut with bushing for top guide.
    I hv those 2 stingers in my garage for awhile, so I use them both now, since last week only, it was 3x10. luckily my bike came with 2 spacers on drive side, so replaced them with 2 stingers, no problem.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Dh...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

2nd update

Swapped the XT long cage for a medium shadow one. Much less chain slap and crisper shifting.

Horrible original "X mission" saddle replaced with a Selle Italia XR flow.. 80g lighter and much more comfortable...

Total weight lost = 100g.

Overall bike weight: 29.4lb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show pics of your 1x9 setup-p1000490.jpg  

Last edited by iMTB ADAM; 12-06-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: forgot to upload photo. duh.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Y2K GIANT MCM-Team

I bought the factory build bike at 2001,but now only the frame is still original
    Total weight:9.2kg
    Drive train setup:
    XCX E-type
    FSA single speed 38T
    RIDEA BB386 Crank
    SHIMANO CN-7901 chain
    SHIMANO CS-M960 11-34 9S cassette
    SRAM X0 9S RD
    SRAM X0 9S gripshift

Thinking of next step:
    SRAM XX gripshift
    SRAM XX cassette 11-36
    SRAM X0 10S RD middle cage
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show pics of your 1x9 setup-imag0452_burst004.jpg  

Show pics of your 1x9 setup-imag0458_burst005.jpg  

mtbr member
    you guys seem to be experts on this subject for a 1x9 or 1x10 your chainline should be about 50-51mm? that's what a few minutes on google taught me, just wanted to double check on what you guys are running!

Page 83 of 90 FirstFirst ... 33 73 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast